Valet Parking at Port of Tampa

Kreeb

We did it when it first started, total waste of money and time. Sounds good on the surface but it is just a short walk to the parking garage from the terminal where you drop off your luggage. The Valet you pay and tip and they drive your car away. When you return you have to walk to the parking garage tip again to get into your car. I gave myself a head slap and asked "What was I thinking?" Just my experience judge for yourself or save the $20. and park your can yourself and walk back to the terminal.

We did it when it first started, total waste of money and time. Sounds good on the surface but it is just a short walk to the parking garage from the terminal where you drop off your luggage. The Valet you pay and tip and they drive your car away. When you return you have to walk to the parking garage tip again to get into your car. I gave myself a head slap and asked "What was I thinking?" Just my experience judge for yourself or save the $20. and park your can yourself and walk back to the terminal.

Interesting how Carnival handles their valet parking. Didn't know that. At RCL's terminal in Tampa, they put your vehicle into a fenced in parking area right next to the terminal and the ship. When we returned, we turned in our ticket at the valet booth right beside the exit from the terminal and in no time, our car was waiting by the curb with our luggage loaded. The cost (at least at RCL) is $3.00 a day more then the parking garage.

If you click on the link below, it should bring up a zoomed in google view of the Tampa port area (hopefully).

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=port+of+tampa&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.310476,78.75&ie=UTF8&t=h&ei=vwgbSYjDBo3UNZqM-bYJ&view=map&attrid=

(on hold while I check to make sure it displays as I think)

gaaaaaaaaah. Not sure if my machine is crashing or the board is hiccuping.

go to maps.google.com; in the search box, enter "Florida Aquarium Tampa"; this should bring up an image of the area of the port & the aquarium (switch to satellite view if you're getting the map view).

At the bottom of the screen you'll see one of Carnival's ships. The building on shore, up near the bow, is where the entrance to their terminal is located. The parking garage is a little north, just NW of the "roundabout" on Channelside Drive, where it says "S 13th St"

It's a very short walk. To me, it would only be worth valet parking if you have severe mobility issues. Otherwise, drive thru, drop your luggage & your passengers, go park in the parking garage, and walk back. It's only a couple of minutes, walking at a very leisurely pace.

We were out on the Carnival Legend last year and I did valet parking. It worked on really good. My car was waiting for me when i got off the elevator in the Parking garage. Took less than 5 minutes and I was on the road. It was like 10.00 a day.

Archived