Oakwood Plaza (Mall)

toberman

This may have already been covered, but search is down (again). We're staying at La Quinta, which is supposed to be walking distance to the Oakwood Mall. I've searched the Mall directory, but can't find a wine store listed. There is a K-Mart, but no indication if they have a wine store attached. Here in Canada we only have Wal-Mart, but they all have wine stores. Is anyone familiar with the Oakwood, and/or know if K-Mart has a wine store?? There is a 'Box' store which has wine, but it appears you have to be a member.

Thanks for any help

Doug

Hope I can add some valuable information.

The Oakwood Plaza is NOT a mall!!!! It is a series of stores along a road stretching close to 1 mile. The La Quinta is located at the southern end of the area (the better end). Within easy walking distance of the hotel is a movie theatre and Dave and Busters (combination restaurant and game arcade - great for kids and adults alike).

The KMart is closer to the northern end and would be a good walk from the La Quinta.

If you are not choosey about the type of wine - many convenience stores / gas stations carry it. There are 7-11's and other similar stores in the vicinity of the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if there are restaurants other than Dave & Busters that are part of Oakwood Plaza and a reasonable walk from the LaQuinta for two senior citizens?

I see a Red Lobster, TGI Fridays, Sweet Tomatoes, etc. but don't know which end of the strip they may be located. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rose

The rest. you mentioned must be far away. We stayed there last Jan. and we walked quite a bit, and did not see these places. We did see a diner and a bunch of fast food places. It is quite a long stretched out shopping area.

We stayed at Springfield Suites. You are staying at the other side of the mall. These places may be a lot closer to your hotel than they were to ours.

This may have already been covered, but search is down (again). We're staying at La Quinta, which is supposed to be walking distance to the Oakwood Mall. I've searched the Mall directory, but can't find a wine store listed. There is a K-Mart, but no indication if they have a wine store attached. Here in Canada we only have Wal-Mart, but they all have wine stores. Is anyone familiar with the Oakwood, and/or know if K-Mart has a wine store?? There is a 'Box' store which has wine, but it appears you have to be a member.

Thanks for any help

Doug

You'd be better off taking a cab to Las Olas Boulevard.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for any help

Doug

As Canadians, aren't they going to question us if we book using the US Roller Sports discount code? ;) I sure don't want any embarrassing moments at the registrations desk.

Archived