Carnival Overnight in Miami

Payd

We will be overnighting in Miami prior to our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We have purchased the Carnival flyaweigh program which includes flights, accomodation and transfers.

Does anyone know which hotel (s) Carnival uses for the overnight stays in Miami?

Why not head to FLL to spend the night? You'll be paying a ton less than the cruiseline will offer. And you don't have to worry about anything going wrong in your time to get to FFL in the morning.

For your specific question re Carnival, go to the Carnival cruise line board to ask that one.

Why not head to FLL to spend the night? You'll be paying a ton less than the cruiseline will offer. And you don't have to worry about anything going wrong in your time to get to FFL in the morning.

For your specific question re Carnival, go to the Carnival cruise line board to ask that one.

I think you missed the point. Carnival covers the cost of the hotel, flights, transfers. I was wondering which hotel Carnival uses for its overnight guests.

I think you missed the point. Carnival covers the cost of the hotel, flights, transfers. I was wondering which hotel Carnival uses for its overnight guests.

Oh yes, I know that you did the air thru Carnival. But usually you can add the hotel and transfers on as a separate purchase. If you were told you HAD to take all 3 together, that was misinformation. The cruiselines charge per person for hotels and are really overpriced. That's why I suggested you doing your own thing on that. But if you don't mind paying for the convenience of them doing your booking, than that's the answer. Some people don't want to do their own reservations. But DO go to the Carnival cruiseline board and ask re which hotel you are getting. Or better still ask your agent or call Carnival directly if you didn't use an agent for YOUR specifics.

Hmmm.....I don't understand how you wouldn't be given a choice of hotels. I have never cruised Carnival before, but on other lines, an agent gives you your choices (pre and post cruise) with the prices. Maybe Carnival does it differently. Doesn't seem fair that you'd be given a price for all you mentioned without any input on the hotel choice and what you are getting for the money. Am I missing something here?

eandj, I think this may be a "forced" overnight where you wouldn't have a choice of hotels :confused:.

Payd, I think you'd get a better answer on the Carnival board, too.

I'm curious, so I hope you'll come back and let us know the answer :),

eandj, I think this may be a "forced" overnight where you wouldn't have a choice of hotels :confused:.

That's what has me confused.

I'll have to watch the Carnival line board and see if I can glean any info re how they arrange their pre and post packages. I can't imagine not knowing what hotel I was paying for.

I also ask that Payd comes back here too and tells us what they found out.

The OP did get the answer he was looking for on the Carnival board. Apparently the Carnival passengers don't know what they paid for until 30 days prior or at time of documents. And the hotels mentioned are all airport hotels. Not much of an opportunity to enjoy the Miami area unless you rent a car for half a day. Another expense. Doesn't make much sense to me, but I enjoy planning and getting value for my money. Everyone to their own way of finding happiness. :) I'm sure Payd will have a great time.

Archived