new to NCL, Dawn end of May 2009?

newlu

Hi,

We are looking at the Dawn for end of May 2009, want to go to Bermuda, now right now a balcony cabin is about $3000 for 2, is that expensive, should I wait for prices to go down?

Thanks

newlu

The price sounds a bit high. If you can move your trip back a week, we'd love to have you join us on our CC Group cruise to Bermuda and we could definately save you some money as well!;):D See the links below if interested!

Hi,

We are looking at the Dawn for end of May 2009, want to go to Bermuda, now right now a balcony cabin is about $3000 for 2, is that expensive, should I wait for prices to go down?

Thanks

newlu

Tough call on that...

Here's how I would approach it:

If the price seems acceptable to you, then I would book it now to get the cabin you want. Here's a tip... if prices take some sort of dramatic dive after you book, you can always ask to be upgraded into the next category or so... But if the price is acceptable to YOU for the cabin you want, waiting can be risky. While the price may indeed come down a little, your cabin of choice might be gone.

I usually book when I feel the price is right, and if they go down, I usually can negotiate an upgrade. For example, earlier this year I booked our cruise on the Dawn at substantially higher rate than it is going for now... so much so that I was able to upgrade from inside all the way to mini-suite.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks

newlu

Newlu~

I'm booked on the Dawn's May 24th sailing. This will be my 4th cruise out of NY in 4 years. In my experience the prices on the NY sailings usually go up the closer you get to sailing. So if you find a sailing at a price that works for you, I would book sooner rather than later. If the price does go down before final payment is due, you should be able to get a price adjust. Good luck:)

Hi,

Thanks

newlu

We booked our 2009 Bermuda cruise early June of this year. Since that time the price has gone up considerably. IMO you should book now and watch for price drops and promos prior to final payment.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising! :)

Is the date important? If you can book well before school gets out, you get better rates. Also, they are running good sales for closer in sailings right now because of the economy. You can always do some spot checks at ncl.com

IMO you should book now and watch for price drops and promos prior to final payment.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising! :)

Does NCL honor promotions if already booked? I thought most of the time (on other lines) those promos are for new bookings.

Thanks, we can only get away 1 of the 2 last weeks of May, not in June. My questions is now, if the price goes down, does NCL honor the price change like Royal and Carnival.

Thanks

newlu

Welcome to the NCL boards. As is often discussed in painful detail, here is how NCL normally handles it.

If you have not made final payment, you can usually get the difference and/or and upgrade. If it is a sale that says New Bookings Only, you probably will not. If you have made final payment, probably not.

Thanks, we can only get away 1 of the 2 last weeks of May, not in June. My questions is now, if the price goes down, does NCL honor the price change like Royal and Carnival.

Thanks

newlu

Newlu~ I recently booked the 5/24 sailing. A few days later the price dropped. I contacted my TA and within hours I had an updated invoice with the lower price. Up until final payment you should be able to get a price adjustment (or upgrade or OBC). After final payment probably not. But, like I stated earlier, In my experience NY sailing always tend to go up rather than down the closer you get to sailing! Good luck! If you decide on the 5/24 sailing, feel free to join our roll call:)

Does NCL honor promotions if already booked? I thought most of the time (on other lines) those promos are for new bookings.

We've gotten both reduced fares and OBC's. It depends on the promo, and I think who you talk to at NCL. With this last promo, we didn't get anything, however, we are still paying alot less than that promo offered with the OBC attached to it as well.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived