Punta Sur?

splinkaone

Hi, I was just wondering how far from PB Punta Sur (info. on Punta Sur?) is and would it be worth visiting it before PB? Bringing the kids and would like to snorkel possibly, and see some of the sights but definitely want to go to PB. Since we will be pulling the kids out of school I'd like to have a little educational stuff for them to report back at school, so suggestions are welcome. Still over a year out:(

Go for it! I had the best time there today (I am still in my bathing suit...just got in). I went with my friends at Eco Jeep and Kayak tour again. You get a detailed history of the Mayan civilization and small ruins there, the flora and fauna of the area, tour of the lighthouse, lots of info and upclose visit of the salt water crocs, and then a fabulous snorkel on one of the best reefs here! And some fun offroading too. Way cool in my humble opinion. It takes about 10 minutes from PB to Punta Sur via car/taxi.

You can do the tour of the park on your own but not nearly as good and NO snorkeling. I think it is much better to do the tour with Eco Jeep than the guides at the park. FUN!

I went by the Executive office and talked to both Julio (manager) and Alex (owner). Bad news is no website. Good news is they made a promotional CD with lots of pictures. Julio made me a copy and I will try and figure out a way to post some. I will also post some additional info about the tour. Will do tonight.

Just got back from visiting Punta Sur last Sat. If for some reason you decide to go, I am thinking it would be better to rent a car. Taxi service was not very evident to me there. They could get you there, but then you would probably have to call someone to come back & get you. If you do just the Lighthouse & alligator portion it is $6/pp. I have a link to the review if just did on our day in Cozumel. Also, we did not have time for it, but we really wanted to do San Gervaiso archeological site. I would think it would be very educational. It is on the north side, just head north up the east road & turn left when you get to the end. It is about halfway back towards town.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2365854#post2365854

Caro:

I read somewhere else that there is a size limit for attachments of approx. 40Kb.

That could be one problem.

Your other option is to upload them to a webphoto service like ImageStation ... you just post the photos up to their server and then provide the weblink for others to view.

Follow http://www.imagestation.com for more info. Granted, there are many other services like this available, I know, for all those others ready to post the name of their favorite! ... this is just one of the better.

Also see the CC board which deals with this same issue...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=69179&highlight=pictures

Hope this helps you ... so nice to be able to give you something for a change! :)

All the best

Scott

Gonna try your suggestion this afternoon when I get back from Paradise Beach. The sun is out and it looks like a great day. And it is FINALLY warm again...looks like Tom's backyard hockey rink is going to melt. He will be sad until our next norte!

Thanks guys, keep the info. coming, we have 13 months to plan. We might consider renting a car, although we definitely want to go to Paradise Beach! We have to meet Tom, plan on bringing some backpacks for Chrysalis and did I hear that Tom likes strawberry twizzlers? I'm going to check out the other links now. :)

That picture is so funny. I was just talking to Tom this afternoon about his backyard rink. I am still working on getting the pictures up on the site you gave me. Seems my dialup connection is a tad slow. Think I'll go take a nap and work on it later! Thanks again for your help.

Archived