Group Ideas

VegD

We went to Folkstone Beach last week and liked it. I tried to leave the port for the taxi and thought I did but maybe we were still in the port area. We paid $30 plus tip to get there.I had wanted to take the bus but wasn't sure where to go and wanted to get our day started. A woman I talked to said they paid $10pp but there was 4 in their family. It was a very nice beach small but not crowded food and drinks available. 2 chairs and an umbrella was $10 or $15 I can't remember for sure. There were glass bottom boats there to go out to see the turtles for $20 to $35pp depending on how many people were in your group. We ran out of time and did not do this. We walked to the street and got a bus to take us back it was $3 and alot of fun, lots of kids just out of school and music.It was a great day.

As long as you're going up either the busy West or South coasts

it's always a good idea to taxi out -to get your day started as Steph says

-and then bus it back in...if only because all bus routes end up in Bridgetown

often within walking distance(or a v.short cab ride) of the Port where your ship is docked.

Barbados Bus fares are set by Gov't. at Bds.$1.50 per person = US$ 0.75(cents) per person.

If you catch the mini-vans with ZR registration plates, you will get 'that local flavour'!

with school-kids (school's out at 3 p.m.) and da music..oh yeah! :)

The big blue Gov't buses are more sedate, but whatever bus/mini-bus you catch

they're fairly efficient getting back in to Bridgetown in the afternoon around that time

when your beach?-day is done, and you're headed back to the ship for 4-5 p.m. sailaway

Archived