Wine-Order Ahead or On Board??

royalfan

My DH and I are cruising with my mother-in-law in 2 weeks and she would like to have some wine for her room. I know you can order it ahead of time online, but I thought I remember tables set up when you board and you could order it there. Any suggestions would be wonderful. I believe she wants wine for the room and will order by the glass at dinner.

Thanks in advance :)

Order ahead of time if she drinks white wine. It will be chilled in her cabin when you arrive. We always order a bottle and enjoy a glass as we dress for dinner. Check out the wine packages for dinner if you can share the bottles since it might save you a few bucks.

If she wants wine for her room then she will save the gratuity amount by ordering it from Gifts & Gear in advance of her sailing. I usually do this and order wine for a couple of different nights. It arrives in the stateroom chilled (or not) with glasses and a corkscrew.

I could be wrong but I don't think you can carry those bottles up to the dining room. If you do you may be charged a corkage ... but I could be wrong here (and if I am then someone will surely correct me!). I always order wine for the room, then have order a glass of something else in the dining room.

IF...you, your DH and your MIL do consider and select wines with care, the on-board selection is greater than the pre-purchase limited list. However, this is mostly in the higher priced selections. Lower priced bottles are about 3x local retail, while the more expensive selections are 'only' about 1.5 to 2 x local purchase prices.

If you want a bottle waiting when you board then order it before you go. We ordered the wine and dine package before we left and wanted a bottle for our balcony for sailaway. We eventually got one from the table set up outside the Windjammer but it took a bit of sorting out. They are very busy there on the first day and it's one less bit of hassle for you to have it ready and waiting for you.

If you want a bottle waiting when you board then order it before you go. We ordered the wine and dine package before we left and wanted a bottle for our balcony for sailaway. We eventually got one from the table set up outside the Windjammer but it took a bit of sorting out. They are very busy there on the first day and it's one less bit of hassle for you to have it ready and waiting for you.

We do the same. We Pre-order the Wine & Dine for the Main Dining Room. But if we want anything delivered to our Room we order it in advance for the room.

You can always order once on board, it is just easier if you know what you want and order it ahead of time.

We've always bought the wine and dine package as we boarded the ship. How do you get the little sticker on your Seapass card if you buy in advance from Gifts and Gear?

You have to take your email receipt along to the table where they are selling the packages and they put the sticker on there. We were so glad we bought ours in advance as we bought it several weeks before our departure, paid in £s and the exchange rate shot down during the weeks before we sailed.

You have to take your email receipt along to the table where they are selling the packages and they put the sticker on there. We were so glad we bought ours in advance as we bought it several weeks before our departure, paid in £s and the exchange rate shot down during the weeks before we sailed.

Archived