Crazy Shirts in Hawaii

Spikesgirl

Yesterday we received our Crazy Shirt catalog and discovered that the company has started to carry the Kliban Cat line again. For anyone who loves cats and will in be Hawai'i, you might want to check out the stores. There was even on brand new design and lots of old favorites. These would definitely be great gifts for cat-loving friends and family.

Yes, Crazy Shirts have a website. It's the name, preceded by www. and followed by .com.

I talked to someone at the Whaler's Village Crazy Shirts about the Kilban cats' triumphant return. Their disappearance from Crazy Shirts was from disputes with the heirs to Kliban's artwork about royalties.

Thankfully, the power of The Cat overcame such legalese and they are now back where they belong.

"Love to eat them mousies

Mousie's what I love to eat.

Bite they little heads off

Nibble on they tiny feet."

We were pretty darned pleased to see their triumphany return. My DH collects them and has over 300 of them (yup, not a typo). To see them return AND have a new design was Christmas in November for him - he even got to order it through our old customer sales rep - she is still there and had been hoping he'd call.

Yup, life is looking up!

Charlie..

I'm impressed.

We've been fans of Crazy SHirts since the late 80's. Think we've got about 20 or so between the 2 of us (t's, windshirts, sweats).

If you're in Oahu there's the outlet near Ala Moana (think that's the mall) that had really great bargains in December. Unfortunately we tried there on way to airport and barely had any time. Libby was really p-o'd.. It took a while to find it and then we only got 1 shirt. Mike would have probably bought a dozen but he was left double parked w/car (really only had 15 mins in store). THen rushed to costco to gas up car and get provisions (poki and cheesecake -- what a combo) for redeye all day flight back east). Was a fun Dec. 30th.

We're getting ready for our 3rd trip back this time only to Kauai Xmas and New Years this time.

Regards

Carolyn

Wow, spikes - do you happen to have my all time fave crazy-shirt, the "Ski Hawaii" shirt with the silhoette of a skier in powder gear making a fine turn among some palm trees? Loved that one - wore it til it sort of disintegrated. That one was from the mid-80s.

They should have a "classics" section on their website.

Yup, it's there, I checked the catalog the DH keeps to prevent replication. His earliest dates back to 1977. The problem that he is facing now is just what you mentioned - the shirts finally fall apart, but the logo is still bright. A classic section would be nice, I'll mention it to Nattie when we call next time.

My favorite is campfire cats, with a group of cats huddled around a blazing campfire (no Hawaiian elements though).

Archived