Dawn inside cabin

kewbrook

I think I have seen this before but have not been able to get the search function to work for days.

Some of the inside cabins on the Dawn are turned sideways. Are they bigger? Less private? Noisier?? Have any of you had one of these rooms before and if so how do they compare to other IS rooms??

I think I have seen this before but have not been able to get the search function to work for days.

Some of the inside cabins on the Dawn are turned sideways. Are they bigger? Less private? Noisier?? Have any of you had one of these rooms before and if so how do they compare to other IS rooms??

I just booked one of these sideways rooms. From what I read here, they are the same sq. footage as the regular insides but seem to have a better flow. As far as noise level, this all depends on where the cabin is located. I always try to avoid being above or below any of the noisy public areas.

Thanks for the info. I should not have a problem with noise then. The worst time I have had with noise is when the 20 something girls in the cabin next to ours would bring ppl back to their cabin in the middle of the night. For me it was just too much information coming thru the walls.:eek:

This sideways room should almost be better then since I won't be sharing as many walls with other cabins. Here's hoping.

Last year, we (along with 3000 other people) repositioned the NCL Dawn from NY to Miami. It was an amazing cruise making stops that are not usually made together. We went back and forth in deciding which room to book. We had limited choices as we did book late. We opted for an inside cabin on Deck 10: as far foreward as you can get on that deck and in the port (left) corner. We did this for one reason: we're on a floating city--nay--a floating NEW YORK CITY that never sleeps--until the last night, but anyway)! Our thought was, how much time are we really going to spend in our cabin? We're always sleeping for the boat coming into port. On sea-days we're always doing things like gambling or getting a massage (or these past two cruises) playing bingo! You don't need a window to enjoy your cabin. Also, yes the sideways cabins do make better use of space so they do feel bigger :). I hope all this helps!

Thanks Pianoman

We will be on the Dawn together in Jan. I am looking forward to my sideways cabin now. We almost always have inside cabins for exactly the same reasons you site. We prefer going on more cruises as compared with having a fancier cabin. I am still hoping though that someday that upgrade fairy will visit and say I can have a balcony cabin or maybe a suite:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

if your cabin assignment does not show another cabin next to it, that is, it's not the last cabin where you wouldn't expect one, but along a long corridor, watch out for "white spaces." These white spaces could be crew's working rooms, stairways etc. and you could be bothered by lots of crew noise from them.

here is a link to another discussion about the sideways cabins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=897379&highlight=sideways

In post # 2 there is a link to some pictures, too.

I found this by searching on "sideways"... if you do that, you will find several discussion threads that talk about them

We were in a sideways cabin this past April on the Dawn. We are huge fans of inside cabins, but did not care for these. The cabin door is just a few feet from the foot of the bed. One time during an afternoon nap a steward knocked and before we were awake enough to say anything he was standing at the foot of our bed. Also, I like to leave the room in the morning to get a couple of cups of coffee to bring back to the room while DW snoozes. But with this configuration anyone waking by while I am coming/going people have a clear view of my snoozing dw. I hope those of you with this cabin find it to your liking...we just did not....but it did not matter, it was a great cruise.

We have been assigned a sideways cabin on Dawn, too: 9215 near the aft elevator. Glad to have the news that it flows better.

Flashdog~ I'm booked in the sideways on the other side of the stairwell from 9215! Hopefully, it's a good spot! Enjoy your cruise:D If this thread is still around when you get back please let me know how the cabin was!

Flashdog~ I'm booked in the sideways on the other side of the stairwell from 9215! Hopefully, it's a good spot! Enjoy your cruise:D If this thread is still around when you get back please let me know how the cabin was!

Sure will. If I can't find it I'll write a review and try to remember to post about the room's configuration. I should be able to find it, though, looking up my old posts.

Archived