Will it be warm enough at sea?

oooohDonna

I have no clue what to expect, while at sea, this time of year going to Bahamas.

From Jacksonville to Nassau then to Freeport, December 4-8 would you expect it to be warm enough to be at the pool in a swim suit during the day? Or at least shorts?

I know it "depends on the weather", but in general, for this time of year, if the sun is shining :cool: would it be fairly warm on the outside decks while sailing?

And at night, would I expect to need a jacket?

Anyone been there done that this time of year?

Thanks for your help, Donna

We have been there 2 times in December and it was very warm! Definitely warm enough to lay by or go in the pool. You will be able to relax in the sun if you want to. You could check the weather site to see what the temp is there but if I remember right it was in the low 80's both times and in both places (Nassau and Freeport). Have a great trip! We leave on the 7th so we will be passing you on our way down to St Maarten...lol

Howdy neighbor :D

And I like your avatar or button or whatever you call it LOL...

Thanks for the info. I knew it was HOT going Mexico way this time of year, but was not sure about the Nassau and Freeport so that is good to know. Yippee! :cool:

Howdy neighbor :D

And I like your avatar or button or whatever you call it LOL...

Thanks for the info. I knew it was HOT going Mexico way this time of year, but was not sure about the Nassau and Freeport so that is good to know. Yippee! :cool:

I would think it would be pretty close to whatever the temps are in Miami......

We have been there 2 times in December and it was very warm! Definitely warm enough to lay by or go in the pool. You will be able to relax in the sun if you want to. You could check the weather site to see what the temp is there but if I remember right it was in the low 80's both times and in both places (Nassau and Freeport). Have a great trip! We leave on the 7th so we will be passing you on our way down to St Maarten...lol

Awesome! Have a great time on your cruise too!

Check the Internet weather sites a couple days before you go. We've done two Bahamas cruises during late November and had really cold weather. The last time, it was in the low 60's and cloudy/windy in Nassau, and we saw that the weather happened to be warmer in Denver Colorado that day than where we were!!!

Not trying to scare you, but it can happen this time of year. The driver we hired in Nassau said they have about 6 weeks of "Winter" and it is from around Thanksgiving through mid-January. It really is a crap shoot...people on the cruises before and after us had fine weather. Just the luck of the draw.

Better to be prepared! Don't get too upset if it turns out that way, and keep in the back of your mind that you may have to re-arrange your plans for outdoor activities if the need arises. Go with the flow!

Always bring some kind of sweater or hoodie on a cruise even in summer .It can get chilly at anytime -after all you are on water

For winter sailings even in Southern Carib I always bring 1 jogging suit with hoodie -it always comes in handy

I have the bathing suit if I need it too!!!

Michele

Archived