Ultimate Snorkeling in Grand Turk

Rob&Nancy

I tried posting this in the Grand Turk forum, without any response, so I'm hoping someone here has been on this excursion.

Can anyone who has done this please tell me what the method is for getting in and out of the water? We're dealing with a bit of a hip issue with my DH, and I would hate for him not to be able to easily get in and out of the water.

We have done snorkeling tours previously where a ramp drops into the water for easy access. It's not well defined in the brochure.

Thanks for any help.

From what I understand from past excursions, it is a boat with vertical ladders on each side that go down to the water. It is not a ramp stair as on many catamarans or a walk-off deck as some cabin cruisers have. This thread in the Grand Turk section might help: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=768563

If you go the Grand Turk forum and search on the word 'ultimate', many threads will come up discussing it. But just use the one word or search won't work.

we did this 5 star cruise last year no problem with the the mobility..... i am having bi lateral hip replacements 4 weeks after ww return from our new year cruise! but this trip for us was not even worth half of what we paid in barbados.It was really quite poor and loads of jelly fish! UGH ouch! sorry to put a dappen on your expectations but it was quite poor and very little to see.

we did this in October. The water was a bit choppy, but we really had a great time. The first stop, near a shallower reef with lots of little fish. 2nd stop, was not actually a stop, we just toured around in the boat and saw all the Sting-rays. 3rd stop was part of their national No jelly fish however.

As far as the boat, there are vertical ladders that you climb to exit and enter the boat. I have a bad hip (in need of replacement) and was able to do this without pain or difficulty. My difficulty comes from trying to put on my flippers in the water. My bad hip doesn't rotate the correct way and makes for more difficulty than necessary

Archived