Face cloth on board Serenade of the sea

Any hotel but Europe. They don't offer face cloths. :(

I was going to say the same thing but wasn't positive.

The things you learn on CruiseCritic! I never knew that! What is the rationale?

I'd like to know too since I had to go buy one in England. Didn't seem to be just the hotels, when I stayed with friends and they didn't offer one either. :confused:

I read about this back when companies first introduced 'body wash' here in the USA. Remember the days before we had that - and only had bars of soap? Here they had to offer the POOF things with body wash- in other countries they didn't. Why? Because here in America people use washcloths (called flannels elsewhere) to wash the bodies of their young children while bathing, and then themselves as they grow up. In other cultures, like Europe, they don't - they wash themselves with their hands. So when they tried to sell it here - it didn't go over - until they added something to use with it - the nylon net POOF. They chalked it up to Americans being more prudish about bodies - ie like topless and nude sunbathing in Europe vs here.

The things you learn on CruiseCritic! I never knew that! What is the rationale?

What has this got to do with the OP question about washcloths on board ships? I just stated that they should think about what they would find in a nice hotel...I didn't say anything about slamming Europes hotels...(and the ones I've been in, had them....not sure about the quality of places you might have stayed in)

Who is slaming hotels in europe, they just stating facts. And letting people know.

Sorry, but it´s simply not true and thus not a fact that Hotels in Europe in general don´t have face cloth.

Face cloth are not uncommon to have in Europe and many Hotels have them.

Archived