Catamaran Excursion to St. Johns

daysfan001

They sailed about an hour then dropped anchor off Honeymoon Beach. Some people snorkeled right from the vessel, some didn't. If you just wanted to use the beach they would take you over in a small inflatable motor boat and then come back and get you. The beach was nice but there are no facilities there. I swam back to the boat but it was a lot farther than it appeared. If I did it again I would definitely wait for them to pick me up in the motor boat. I think we stayed there approximately 1 hour and then had an hour sail back. They served snacks, soft drinks and rum punch. If you have any other specific questions, just ask.

I was disappointed on the 1/2 day cat to St John done through Princess. They dropped anchor pretty far from shore and I don't swim well. Had to wait til they got everyone who was snorkeling off the boat before they would take me to the shore in the little inflatable boat (that was full of dirty water). There were no bathrooms, no place to get a drink, etc on the beach. The beach was beautiful though. Only had about 1/2 hr on the beach when they returned to pick us up and then back to St Thomas. It ended up being a very short tour for the price because the 4 hour time slot included the nasty safari bus trip from the pier over the mountain to Red Hook (took over 45 minutes one way due to traffic). If I did it again, I would do a full day sail and not the 1/2. Just my opinion.

We did the golden eagle catamaran at st. martin and loved it. It wasn't a real long ride, but to a nice, quiet bay; they anchored and we swam and snorkeled. If you wanted to go to the beach, they took you in a small inflatable boat. Water was pretty clear, not so many fish. The music was fun and you had drinks and food onboard. St. John's beaches are very beautiful; we especially like cinnamon bay.

Archived