Please advise, cold water?

oooohDonna

I have been getting mixed reviews on this so let me try again :)

Nassau and Freeport, 1st week of December, who thinks the water is too cold to go snorkeling? I've read where someone thought it was cold in October so would think Dec. might just be way too chilly.

We are planning on snorkeling at BOTH ports, but if the water is going to be too cold, which I consider below 75, then we won't want to do it.

Is there a web site that gives water temperatures? Anyone got in the water this time of year at these places...help please!

Thanks

Donna

I have been getting mixed reviews on this so let me try again :)

Nassau and Freeport, 1st week of December, who thinks the water is too cold to go snorkeling? I've read where someone thought it was cold in October so would think Dec. might just be way too chilly.

We are planning on snorkeling at BOTH ports, but if the water is going to be too cold, which I consider below 75, then we won't want to do it.

Is there a web site that gives water temperatures? Anyone got in the water this time of year at these places...help please!

Thanks

Donna

Try a google search.. I did and found this snipit ..;)

What is the weather like? Nassau enjoys a subtropical climate with mild winters, seldom dipping below 60°F. Average temperatures range in the low to upper 80’s; with water temperature never below 72°. With that said, however, just like Florida, these are averages and during winter months be prepared for an occasional cold front to cause drastic temperature drops.

Donna,

went snorkeling in freeport and Nassau the first week of December last year and will be again this year only in Belize, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I absolutely hate cold water, but the temps were perfectly fine. It was wonderful.

Happy Sailing

Sandy

We went late January and every day but the day we hit the private island and beach was mid 80s, then we had a day in what felt like the 60s. I had rented a float and just never picked it up and lost the money, oh well.

Its fine unless you hit that rare cold day which can always happen in the winter.

I lived in S. Fl and admit to rarely swimming in the winter when all the snow birds thought the water was perfect, I thought it was too cool for what I was used to.

Archived