What Do You Consider A Good Price Per Day?

suprisetoyou

for me w. Single supp...w/tx, ports, reg tips, fuel...$67 avg..5day..I tip extra, drive to port, tip shuttle, and bag men, and rm serv.. So it is always less than $100 total for me. per day. I book by the calender year, looking at the lowest prices, w/interline rate, and get some OBC's and wine, I have gone for as little as $47 to $57 per day b4 fuel s/c. It's my cruze..so what ever.

Have you ever broke down the price of a cruise by price per day per person?? What do you all consider a good price per day for holidays and reg. months of cruising? Just curious;)

YES!!

Good question, especially considering the hoopla around the fuel supplement these days!!

What I think is fair is paying no more than $150 pp/pd for a balcony cabin. (TOTAL cost: taxes/port fees/fuel)

A great deal is a balcony for around $100-$125 pp/pd

An excellent deal is a balcony for under $100 pp/pd and it is very possible these days if you look around

(I usually cruise in March and November)

I never really thought of breaking it down to a "per day per person price". Let's see what happens! 8 day cruise at Christmas for four of us came to $450 per day, which breaks down to $112 per day for an 8G balcony 100 ft. balcony on Miracle. Not bad! That includes taxes, fuel charge, port fees, etc. No air, insurance or hotel. When we did all-inclusives, they also ranged around that price, so I guess we are in the ballpark for that time of year.

YES!!

Good question, especially considering the hoopla around the fuel supplement these days!!

What I think is fair is paying no more than $150 pp/pd for a balcony cabin. (TOTAL cost: taxes/port fees/fuel)

A great deal is a balcony for around $100-$125 pp/pd

An excellent deal is a balcony for under $100 pp/pd and it is very possible these days if you look around

(I usually cruise in March and November)

Were cruising in Feb. and we got our first balcony for $100 pp/per day. That includes tips, all taxes and charges, including fuel surcharge. And of course I am still hoping to get the fuel surcharge back. The airfare brought it up to about $110 a day, but I got a deal on the airfare.

I did a little crunching to see the cost for our Miracle 8 night cruise:

Balcony (2 pp) $59.87 each night (military/past pass rates)

Inside (3 pp) $43.62 each night

Gratuties: $400 total

Gas to Fl for van: $180 round trip

Port Parking: $120 parking

Ship excursions: ???? total yet

OBC: $711.00 ;)

OP, this is an excellent question and an interesting thread to read.

For my family of 3 our overall average DAILY cost for a 7 night holiday New Years cruise on the Splendor this year with all expenses included is about $350 - $375/day.

To simplify things the average cost includes air, hotel for one night prior, ins., tips, etc... basically everything!

Oh, jeez. Seems I'm paying much more than most of you. If I do this with our upcoming cruise in June, and if I include the hotel for the night before and airfare, then add excursions, it'll be about $300/day. Just the cruise fare alone without taxes, etc, is 181pp/pd. We have a balcony. And I'm having a hard time finding airfare for less than 325/pp from newark to tampa. I've already gotten one price reduction, but what am I doing wrong? I've got no past guest or military discount and I'm sailing during the busy season.

Don't feel bad Tanyanubin, I'm with you. When I went on Conquest I hadn't done any research beforehand and really paid way too much. Not only on hotel beforehand but also on the cruise itself. That trip was painful.

I can fly standby for free so the air doesn't get me unless it's a peak season and I buy the ticket anyway just to be sure I get there. (Which means I usually buy a ticket, LOL)

The cruises have been going down and my Imagination cruise is the cheapest, at $59 a day for everything including the single supplement. Whew! Too bad it's only a four day.

The others have been kind of pricey but as a solo, they're still cheaper than many other kinds of trips. I'm not traveling abroad again until the US dollar gets stronger. eek

Thanks for posting the question! I've always wondered what is a good price/pp. We generally cruise off season and we usually book balcony for 7 days. When I look back it has run between $85 to $90 pp with tax (the higher included fuel surcharge). It really bothered me when we booked this year's NYE cruise because the OV ran us over $125/pp. It has stopped bothering me now that the cruise is next month and I am feeling that anticipation of stepping aboard.

Even at over $100/pp I find cruising to be the best value we can get. We are fortunate to be in Florida and not have airfare, but we generally pay for parking unless we depart from Canaveral when we can have someone drop us off.

This is my first Christmas cruise and I booked it in late October.

So far, with 2 "adjustments" to the price I originally paid, I'm down to $130 pp per day incl tips.

7 day-Verandah balcony

So far, so good.

I'm waiting to see if Carnival will "adjust" my price any more, before I leave.

Oh, jeez. Seems I'm paying much more than most of you. If I do this with our upcoming cruise in June, and if I include the hotel for the night before and airfare, then add excursions, it'll be about $300/day. Just the cruise fare alone without taxes, etc, is 181pp/pd. We have a balcony. And I'm having a hard time finding airfare for less than 325/pp from newark to tampa. I've already gotten one price reduction, but what am I doing wrong? I've got no past guest or military discount and I'm sailing during the busy season.

Don't assume that you are doing anything wrong!

First of all when including everything there are real large variances here. Flights from the northeast down to FL are quite high right now for one.

The other thing is that you have included your Shore Excursions. THIS can greatly change the amt per day/per person! For example - I have had Cozumel be one of the least insexpensive port days and also one of the most expensive (when doing the Dolphins).

As as Lucy said.....on board charges make a huge difference as well!!! :eek:

Oh, jeez. Seems I'm paying much more than most of you.

Just the cruise fare alone without taxes, etc, is 181pp/pd.

That does seem high to some but you will be cruising during High summer season so i think the price is just about right on target for that cruise, in a bacony cabin, at that time.

The Ports on Legend are GREAT!

Have a good cruise:)

When I start cruise shopping, I make an Excel spreadsheet and list all the possible cruises, ports, prices, length, etc. I get Excel to compute the pp/pd cost with and without all the extras (gratuities, parking, gasoline for the trip down, etc.).

I find this helps me out a lot. We're open to anything from 4-7 days in length/any cruise line/any Florida port, (etc.) that fits our available vacation schedule, so there are a lot of variables! I also include a comments column for each cruise where I note past experience, recent CC review comments, whether the port times are good or bad, etc. Then, after about a week or two, I have a good idea of what is available, how much it is pp/pd, and whether other factors negate the good deal on some sailings.

To answer the original question, I think $75 pp/pd is good for an inside or OV on Riviera deck on Carnival (cruise plus taxes/fees and fuel surcharge). I almost always book a week or two before final payment. We usually come in around $85-$90 though--whether it is 4, 5, or 7 days.

Leaving on Inspiration next week for 4 days and got $89 pp/pd in a 6A with a military discount, booked late September.

Boo

That does seem high to some but you will be cruising during High summer season so i think the price is just about right on target for that cruise, in a bacony cabin, at that time.

The Ports on Legend are GREAT!

Have a good cruise:)

I agree! Summer sailings do cost more and having been on the Legend, to me, $180 a day is very good. That is a GREAT ship!!!!

Archived