Monarch or Majesty for my parents?

kas141

DH and I are surprising my parents with a 4-day cruise as their X-mas gift, and was wondering which ship would be "better" for them. They are in their late 60s, act like they're in their late 30s, very active and social, and they LOOOOOVE cruises. Ports don't really matter as they've been to all of them before, and price isn't an issue either bc it is the same on both ships (ridiculously cheap!).

They live in south FL so the departure port isn't an issue as well. (Boy do I wish I was retired like them!)

Recommendations??

TIA!

Have sailed both, and would pick Majesty. The Majesty's crew consistently get very high marks, and the food is above average. I am about to sail Majesty for the third time, but would probably have to be offered Monarch for free to pick her over Majesty (granted, I had a really awful experience on Monarch that is probably prejudicing me).

Have sailed both, and would pick Majesty. The Majesty's crew consistently get very high marks, and the food is above average. I am about to sail Majesty for the third time, but would probably have to be offered Monarch for free to pick her over Majesty (granted, I had a really awful experience on Monarch that is probably prejudicing me).

I don't blame you for your feelings about the Monarch. I probably wouldn't set foot on her if I had had your experience.

That being said, I would pick Majesty anyway. I LOVE the crew of the Monarch (I just was on her in October), but I think that the Majesty has a great crew, too, and I loved the set-up on Deck 12 of Compass Deli, Sorrento's and Johnny Rockets. A real upgrade - I agree with Loyal2RCCL.

Archived