Random Questions

tinkerbell333

I'm new at this and I have some questions. On the Crown Princess, I read somewhere there are a couple of theme nights. Does anyone know what these are and what we should take for them? For disembarking, can we keep our luggage and leave on our own on Sun morning? Also, what is the cheapest transportation to the airport in Fort Lauderdale from port for 8 people? What are the best excursions in Turks and C and St. Maartin? Thanks!!!

Yes you can keep your luggage and carry it off if you sign up for the express walk-off. You will have to leave early (usually 7-8am), and there is no help with your stuff, so be sure you can all handle everything. Unless you have an early flight (say, earlier than 10am, which is risky to book anyway), I wouldn't bother, and just go with the usual debarkation where you put out the luggage the night before, and collect it in the terminal.

With the airport so close to the pier, I would just get 3 cabs, which are in a line outside the terminal. Each cab will probably run $15 each to the airport. You could probably reserve a van from Super Shuttle or something similar, but you probably aren't any further ahead for this short journey.

I'm new at this and I have some questions. On the Crown Princess, I read somewhere there are a couple of theme nights. Does anyone know what these are and what we should take for them? For disembarking, can we keep our luggage and leave on our own on Sun morning? Also, what is the cheapest transportation to the airport in Fort Lauderdale from port for 8 people? What are the best excursions in Turks and C and St. Maartin? Thanks!!!
Mostly the theme nights refer to the dining rooms, where the waiters will change their attire to match the cuisine of the night (Italian, American, etc.)

On Caribbean cruises there used to be a Caribbean deck party where hawaiian Aloha shirts were appropriate. One of the nightclubs on board will have parties, like a "50's party" or "sock hop" where they advertise "wear your poodle skirts" but I have not seen more than a handful of people in theme costume around ship. Mostly no one brings the extra clothes needed for these - formal nights are enough, and many people will bring aloha shirts anyhow.

Archived