Stroller

DJMFam

I'll be traveling on RCI Independence and I'm wondering which stroller I should I take. A heavy weight bugaboo or a lightweight Maclaren XLR. I'm worried about wind on the boat while using my lightweight stroller. My son is only 6 months.

We went with our Graco Mosaic stroller, about the same size as your XLR, we certainly didn't have alot of problems with wind, we stayed close to the lido decks with wind breaks with doors and walls, the open air decks may have the wind you are concerned about but they(CRUISE SHIP) close those decks for wind warnings.......A side note, for what ever reason this last cruise, our fellow cruise mates(OTHERS ON THE CRUISE NOT FRIENDS OF OURS) had very little patience with our strollers. We try to be the most considerate family cruisers I know, Our youngest is 10 months but small and oftern is mistaked to be 6-7 months. If the other cruise passensgers were annoyed with our little graco imagine what they would have thought about our tandem sit and stand? If you plan to go to the beach, opt out for a snugglie, or chest carrier, small stroller wheels are terrible in the sand. lastly I have no idea what cabin you may or maynot have but our gracos folded upsright and fit perfectly in the closets...so no cluttering up our cabin when we were not using them.

Well if your son will be comfortable in the Maclaren then go for that.

I always try to take the most compact stroller I can so I can shove it in the closet. And I like to use something that fold easily and small for the excursions. :)

You won't be walking around the top decks while moving at sea because that wind gets downright nasty. ;) So you'll be walking on a shielded deck.

Ugh, yes, some people can be so inconsiderate!

We had a midsize stroller for our then 9 month old and as I would be walking to an open elevator the people inside would be trying to close the doors before we would get there! Or they would stand spread out so that I couldn't get the stroller in. It was my first experience on a cruise with a stroller and using the elevators and I finally understood what a lot of people complain about!

Several times, my husband and I would go up or down the stairs carrying the baby in the stroller as opposed to dealing with the (mostly able bodied) Elevator Hogs!

I'm going to chime in that in my opinion, the most important thing is to have a stroller that reclines, has a good hood and that the child will be comfortable in. That way you can keep going when your child wants to nap. I travel with no problem with my huge tandem double stroller. It does mean waiting for elevators sometimes, but I've never noticed anyone being rude (maybe I'm oblivious :rolleyes:). Now, when my husband was in a wheelchair, but didn't look like he needed one, people were outrageous at times - so I'll believe anything. But still, as long as the stroller isn't too wide to fit down the corridor, I think the more comfortable the child, the happier the parents.

Best,

Mia

Archived