Owners Suite - which ship should I choose?

Dagny

I just won a cruise in the owners suite and have several ships to choose from. Itineraries aside, I would like feedback from anyone who has stayed in these suites, especially recently. Which ships have been most recently refurbished? The ships available to me are:

Inspiration

Imagination

Fascination

Sensation

Ecstacy

Fantasy

WOW congrats - that's a great prize.

can't offer any insight into the suites, but the imagination, inspiration & fantasy are the most recently refurbished, including the carnival water works, etc.

of the 3, fantasy seems to get the most negative comments / happenings post dry dock refurbishment, including 'breaking down' in the mississippi not long ago and a current thread 'what's that stinky smell on fantasy' or something along those lines :cool:

WOW congrats - that's a great prize.

can't offer any insight into the suites, but the imagination, inspiration & fantasy are the most recently refurbished, including the carnival water works, etc.

of the 3, fantasy seems to get the most negative comments / happenings post dry dock refurbishment, including 'breaking down' in the mississippi not long ago and a current thread 'what's that stinky smell on fantasy' or something along those lines :cool:

Haha - thanks. I am leaning toward Imagination, mostly based in itinerary, but your info helps - cheers :)

I have been on Fascination, Inspiration (x4) and Sensation (x2).

Inspiration wins hands down for me. I love her 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Its the perfect balance of two sea days with two port days in between. I also like sailing from Tampa better than Miami. She was recently refurbished, including a remodeling of her staterooms which I would assume included her Owners Suites.

I just won a cruise in the owners suite and have several ships to choose from. Itineraries aside, I would like feedback from anyone who has stayed in these suites, especially recently. Which ships have been most recently refurbished? The ships available to me are:

Inspiration

Imagination

Fascination

Sensation

Ecstacy

Fantasy

Congrats! That is quite a win!!!

Inspiration wins hands down for me. I love her 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Its the perfect balance of two sea days with two port days in between. I also like sailing from Tampa better than Miami. She was recently refurbished, including a remodeling of her staterooms which I would assume included her Owners Suites.

She is gorgeous, Darth,,,,but if one of the others has a 7 day itinerary, I might choose that one:D Just cause I could CRUISE for 2 more days,,,,,

but if they don't,,,,I second Darths opinion,,,,Inspiration is easy easy EASY out of Tampa :) Miami is a pain in the BUTT,,,Holly

I've been in the owners suite on the Fantasy and it is a really nice room. Great view of the Lido deck outside the flloor to ceiling windows. I bet the view is even better now since the drydock. You will love the huge jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. Sorry but I don't have the pictures on ths PC.

Paul

Good Luck with whatever you do. I just cruised out of Miami this past February. We had no problems at all on the Freedom. We usually cruise out of Port Canaveral and Ft Lauderdale. I like Ft Lauderdale . It is very easy. Port Canaveral is okay but you have to usually rent a car to Cocoa Beach. Haven't cruised out of Tampa yet. One day soon. Have fun!

I agree with this post completely....i had a chance to see this cabin "pre" refurbishment and it was great....just a little dated maybe......but about a month or two ago on this site, there were pics of this room after the refurbishment and it looked fantastic!

I've got to agree here. I've been on all of those ships except the Fascination and by far Inspiration has them all beat. I like the itin better and the crew has been consistently amazing.

J

Inspiration

Imagination

Fascination

Sensation

Ecstacy

Fantasy

If given a choice of Imagination or Inspiration I would go with Inspiration..I was in a Cat 12 Suite on Inspiration early this year and that ship is NICE ! Get to Tampa a day early for a pre stay Hotel night in Clearwater Beach 20 minutes from the Port.. VERY NICE THERE !! Also HULK HOGAN SLEEPED IN THE OWNERS SUITE ON IMAGINATION WHILE THE TRAVEL CHANNEL'S SAMANTHA BROWN SLEEPED IN THE OWNERS SUITE ON THE INSPIRATION !! YET ANOTHER REASON TO GO WITH INSPIRATION !:eek: :D

Not the Ecstasy.

Refurb has been piecemeal. It has been updated some since I first used the OS, but in 6 different trips, only a few items have been refurbished. It DOES have the new bedding, though!

Total refurb due to be completed in Sept/Oct 2009.

Archived