Dawn Princess....WOW!!

Izabelle

I just had to go and see DP in Adelaide today even though I was going to wait till our Cruise in 19 days time and have the surprise then, she looked magnificent and lots of people down Outer Harbour to see her, only problem was we couldnt get close as it was all fenced off but just to see her docked made for a very pleasant afternoon and made me even more excited about cruising on her, I just cant wait now.:):)

She's very impressive up close isn't she? She looks so clean and white :D:D Lucky you getting to go on her in only 19 days! I still have to wait another 50ish days :( Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. And i'm really looking forward to seeing some photos!! :D

Hi Jo,

She really is clean and sparkling white, it's what I noticed first off as well, will tell you all about it when I get back, the waiting is really going quick now that I can say days instead of months or weeks:)....Now starts the wondering of what to pack as I always take way to much with my favourite saying being....I better take that just in case:)

I really want to keep the packing to a minimum any hints or clues anyone?

Now starts the wondering of what to pack as I always take way to much with my favourite saying being....I better take that just in case:)

I really want to keep the packing to a minimum any hints or clues anyone?

My best tip - if you think you might not need it, you won't so leave it at home!

Every time I travel I take things I never even consider wearing once on the ship, but when packing I think, oh I better take it. :o

My tip for packing lighter is with shoes.

Make sure your evening shoes go with each night time dress and only take one night time bag.

You do not need 10 or 12 pairs of shoes (ok I know some people need that security but not if you are going to pack lighter)

Mix and match is always mentioned and so very true.

Check all your toiletries etc you really do not need separate shampoo etc for ech member of the family and you can go for a week with less cleansers etc

First cruise I took sevral books as I imagined myself sitting poolside reading, never did get to read one of those books, too busy.

I find all the electric stuff and all the chargers, ipods etc to now be a problem, Not sure how to minimise that

Whoo Hooo bring on March! She lookds fantastic...I will have been waiting almost 18months since I booked so it is getting close. Couldn't hold out so have a couple of weeks on the Diamond Princess before Christmas to keep me going...you cant keep a good addict down:)

She looks great and I cant wait for our longest cruise ever.

I heard the word 'shampoo mentioned above.' It is supplied and is decent quality, as is soap and conditioner. I even forgot my razor one cruise and got a couple of disposables from the cabin steward, no problems.

Enjoy DP, twin sister of Sun Princess, which I have been on.:p

Thanks for the tips

Jo, I am going to rethink everything I take and will be saying if in doubt take it out:)

Karon, definitely not taking that many shoes, do people actually take that many?:D mix and match is what I am aiming for and leaving all the electric stuff for DH to worry about so I have more room in mine:)

Les I didnt realise that shampoo and conditioner were provided so will use those.

Rugbypopsie enjoy your cruise on Diamond.

Hi Izabelle,

I had to go and see Dawn Princess while she was in Adelaide too. Wasnt she beautiful. I dragged my son down with me and he just thought I was a bit strange:p . He only came for the chicken and chips I promised I would buy him......:( We dont get many cruisers here so I make the effort to dribble....... There were lots of people there- so we're not the only ones:)

Cheers,

Fiona

:)

Archived