Mariners Society

goingeasy

I am hoping someone can help with info re: the Mariners Society. It has been quite awhile but I have sailed with Holland America six times (52 days). I cannot locate my Mariners Society # nor can they. If I can recreate dates, itinery ship etc. they say they may be able to help. I can

probably due that from my photo albums but wonder if it is worth the work.

I am not interested in pins, tiles etc. --what are the benefits of the Mariners Society. I am at the Platinum level with Princess and get a hugh

break (if not free) internet service which is a biggie for me as I have to

keep in touch with my business on a daily basis.

Also, if a stockholder of CCL does Holland America offer the same OBC's as

Princess??

I am starting to crusie often again, This year 14 day to the Baltics on

Celebrity in June, 7 day to Alaska on Princess in Sept. and I leave Jan 6th

for a 14 day Panama Canal with Princess. With the economy in the shape it is, I do need to look for every perk that is available to me.

Any assistance/advice will be appreciated.

Pins, tiles, lunch, Captain's Cocktail Reception. If it ever comes up to the level of other lines, you may be happy that you put in the time to get your "days" recorded, but as of right now, not much is what you get.

See here:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action;jsessionid=D8C47BF9B91F22A1892B12C6C617E16F.www3-hal

There are strong rumors of a revision of Mariner's benefits due out soon (maybe Jan 1st) but until then the biggest benefit is a $50 to $100 pp discount on some itineraries. You get that discount whether you records show 7 days or 700 days, so that would not be a reason to try to reconstruct all of your records.

Several months ago I got a mailer from HAL that listed my Mariner number and listed some very significant savings for several cruises and gave a 'promotion code'. The savings were for only one class of cabin ('F' on the Amsterdam), but the prices they gave were substantially less than the prices listed when I went to the HAL site. I booked it, and we're going from Rio to Seattle in March 09, 38 days. And incidentally the upgrade fairy visited us, and we're now in a 'C' garanteed. Next step, BALCONY!

Archived