Anyone from San Diego?

pdxmomto2

We will be staying for a few days in San Diego after our Mexican Riviera Christmas Cruise. My question is - What is the weather like in San Diego the week between Christmas and New Years? Also, what do women tend to wear that time of year? If it is warm out do people wear capris and sandals, or would jeans or pants with shoes be more appropriate? We will be going to the Zoo and Sea World during the day, but enjoy going to nice restaurants at night.

Hey there!

First of all, you should post this question on the West Coast Boards here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

That's where most of the local San Diegans hang out and answer questions.

Secondly, in general the weather between Christmas and New Years can be warm and sunny in the 70s, or a bit rainy and cooler in the 60s.

(More likely the sunnier one).

But there is no humidity, so it gets cooler at night.

I personally think you'd be better in nice jeans and comfortable shoes.

Especially walking around the zoo and Sea World.

Plan to pack layers, to add or subtract as the weather adjusts from day to night.

:):D:cool:

Let's see, when I visit around Christmas time, I normally end up wearing jeans and long-sleeved t-shirts, sometimes with a sweater over it. Usually it's too cool for capris and sandals at that time of year.

I know last Christmas when my brother and SIL arrived home from visiting us the temperature that evening was close to freezing and their poor kitty cats were freezing because the cat sitter had left the windows to the apartment open.

Let's see, when I visit around Christmas time, I normally end up wearing jeans and long-sleeved t-shirts, sometimes with a sweater over it. Usually it's too cool for capris and sandals at that time of year.

See? Layers.:)

And, you know when in San Diego Wrona, I heard it's not too far to take a drive up to LA - dontcha know.;)

In reality, you will have to wait until a couple of days before to get a more accurate weather prediction.

I'm not from San Diego, but about an hour north of there. Sometimes we're in short sleeved shirts on Christmas day, but once in a while it will actually be cool enough for a sweater or light jacket. Even when the days are warm, it will be cool first thing in the morning and after the sun sets.

Once every few years we even have a bit of rain, but that normally doesn't happen until January or February, ya just never know. Right now we all wish we could cool down a bit. It's so hot and dry right now, my allergies are really suffering :(

We will be staying for a few days in San Diego after our Mexican Riviera Christmas Cruise. My question is - What is the weather like in San Diego the week between Christmas and New Years? Also, what do women tend to wear that time of year? If it is warm out do people wear capris and sandals, or would jeans or pants with shoes be more appropriate? We will be going to the Zoo and Sea World during the day, but enjoy going to nice restaurants at night.

We lived in a high rise in downtown SAn Diego for several years and the one sure way to spot a tourist in December was. . . .they were wearing shorts while we were wearing sweaters =) Of course some of it depends on what you are used to. . . for us a high of 69 was a cold day =)

Archived