Bottles of Alcohol to Purchase on Ship

ILOVEMEXICO

Do they sell Baileys by the bottle on the ship thru room service? We purchase Crown Royal on our last two cruises, but cannot remember if you can buy Baileys. Luv it with coffee in the am

Tks!

I just checked my new cruise answer book for you (hoping things had changed). Afraid all they sell now are the smaller bottles and no Baileys is available at all from room service. All they show is Brogan's Irish Cream in a 350 ML bottle. :( Sorry!

Remember also, the only size available from room service is the 375 ML bottles of certain items, and no longer are packages available that include mixers, they must be ordered seperately.

I also love Baileys with my morning coffee and tried every which way on my first Princess cruise to purchase a bottle for my use on board and ended up having to purchase a shot the night before to take to my cabin for room service coffee the next morning. Now I bring a bottle in my carry-on.

(Just FYI, I also looked at purchasing Baileys on board to bring home, but they cost a touch more than Bev Mo, so even with the tax free saving, it wasn't a big enough saving to bother.)

Best,

Mia

I also love Baileys with my morning coffee and tried every which way on my first Princess cruise to purchase a bottle for my use on board and ended up having to purchase a shot the night before to take to my cabin for room service coffee the next morning. Now I bring a bottle in my carry-on.

(Just FYI' date=' I also looked at purchasing Baileys on board to bring home, but they cost a touch more than Bev Mo, so even with the tax free saving, it wasn't a big enough saving to bother.)

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Mia Thanks - what port were you permitted to take Bailey's in your carryon from. I know that you can take bottles in carryon from San Juan but just wondering if you ever sailed from Ft. Lauderdale with Bailey's in your carryon?

Tks!

On both our previous Princess cruises, we pre-purchased bottles to have a drink before dinner and felt we were getting a good deal and then didn't mind buying a drink or two at the bar. Now, the bottles are 375 ml instead of 1 litre and are still the same price. I will not be pre-purchasing because of that and will probably spend less at the bar. (Can you tell I'm ticked off???)

On both our previous Princess cruises, we pre-purchased bottles to have a drink before dinner and felt we were getting a good deal and then didn't mind buying a drink or two at the bar. Now, the bottles are 375 ml instead of 1 litre and are still the same price. I will not be pre-purchasing because of that and will probably spend less at the bar. (Can you tell I'm ticked off???)

I'll gladly pay it. I'm just thankful they still allow it. And to tell you the truth, I'd rather pay the $19 for 375 ml rather than the $80 - $100 that Celebrity charges for a litre and some nuts.

On our Grand Princess cruise, I phoned ahead and got a Vodka, Gin, Beer Package, Irish Cream, and Soda Package for $87. It was great to have a nice bar set up in the room.

I hope this isn't dishonest, but I bought some of those small bottles of Baileys and was going to put in my luggage. Packed so they wont break of course. Do they check baggage for liquor? I don't drink except for Baileys and had a hard time getting it on the last two cruises.

Jill

I hope this isn't dishonest, but I bought some of those small bottles of Baileys and was going to put in my luggage. Packed so they wont break of course. Do they check baggage for liquor? I don't drink except for Baileys and had a hard time getting it on the last two cruises.

Jill

Are you cruising with Princess, if so, where? 7 day caribbean they seem to crack down more. Last month in Europe we brought numerous bottles back on board and they didn't care. 14 day Sea Princess in 06, they also didn't seem to care. Hit and Miss.

Archived