Carnival Valor vs. Legend - Western

myacuna

Hi Everyone!!

This is my first post here, although I have been on these boards for what seems like forever. This will also be my first cruise.

My fiance and I will be married in Ocho Rios Jamaica in May. We are planning on Honeymooning in July or August and have narrowed our choices to the Valor or Legend, based on the fantastic ports! Either way, we are driving from Charlotte to either Miami or Tampa, so thats no issue.

Both ships sound amazing, so what I would like to know is what everyones opinions are on the 2. Do you all find one ship to be better than the other?

Thanks for everyone's help!!

Hi, and welcome to Cruise Critic!

I haven't been on Legend, but I've been on 2 of her sister ships....Pride and Miracle. They are all Spirit class ships, and have the same layout. Spirit class is my favorite class of ship. They are a little smaller than Conquest class (Valor) so feel less crowded. The layout is very easy to navigate. I like the way the pool area is configured better ~ all flat instead of the stadium style tiered pool area of the Valor.

Valor is also a great ship, though. It does have the giant outdoor movie screen by the main pool that Legend does not have, so if that is important to you, you should choose Valor. We had a wonderful cruise on her in March. As I mentioned, I found the layout a little harder to get around but it isn't a real big deal. To get from the front to the back of the ship, you have to go up to deck 5 or 9 I think it is.......in order to get around the dining room.

Either one of those ships (Legend or Valor) would be great. I would probably choose Legend if I had to choose.

Good luck! :)

I tend to lean towards the Valor but that is me, I enjoyed our cruise last year and booked her again in March. Where are you getting married? we got married 4 years ago in Negril at the sandals? it was a great trip and vacation experience.

Hi Everyone!!

This is my first post here, although I have been on these boards for what seems like forever. This will also be my first cruise.

My fiance and I will be married in Ocho Rios Jamaica in May. We are planning on Honeymooning in July or August and have narrowed our choices to the Valor or Legend, based on the fantastic ports! Either way, we are driving from Charlotte to either Miami or Tampa, so thats no issue.

Both ships sound amazing, so what I would like to know is what everyones opinions are on the 2. Do you all find one ship to be better than the other?

Thanks for everyone's help!!

I've been on both of these ships and they are excellent. I sort of lean toward Valor since it is slightly bigger than Legend and they have just had a dry dock refurbishing which included the addition of a huge movie screen on the deck. One of the things you should take into considerdation since you're driving to the port is the parking situation. At the Tampa port the garage is practically right across the street from the pier and the last time I parked there it cost $12 per day which I believe they have raised to $15 per day. At the Port of Miami, there are garages and open air parking and they both charge $20 per day. If you happen to have a "Disabled Parking Permit", the parking is free in Miami but not in Tampa. Both ships have good food, good entertainment and lots to do all over the ship.

No matter which way you decide to go, I know that you'll have a great cruise. And by the way, congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. ;)

Never have been on the Valor (or conquest class), but I LOVED the Legend!!! I didn't have a single complaint about it or the staff. I also like being able to go from front to back in the ship on any floor....having dining rooms and galleys getting in the way is a pain and challenges my brain! LOL! As far as embarkation, I have been to both ports and they are both good. Tampa has shops and restaurants around it though in case you get there too early to board.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will love it!;)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding....many years of happiness to you both!:D

Having been on both and having a great cruise both times I think you will be happy whichever one you pick.

My favorite of the two is the Legend. I like the spirit class layout better than the conquest class. We sailed both at full sailings. The Valor felt crowded, the Legend did not.

Also if you look at the deck plans for both you'll see that the spirit class on the main & upper decks have very few inside cabins. I like that because it cuts down on traffic in the hallway. I think it makes it quieter.

The crew both times were great. We have never had anything to complain about.

Congratulations on your wedding!

Kelly

We didn't notice the Valor, when we were initially looking, and we selected the Legend for the destinations. When I called Carnival's PVP to see what kind of deal I could get, he asked me why I wanted to leave out of Tampa. I told him no particular reason, so he told me I could get a better room on a newer and bigger ship out of Miami and still go to the same destinations. So, I'm now booked on the Valor.

Archived