Nice discount for flexible room assignment!

bernieb86

Hello- I currently have 2 rooms booked right next to eachother on Liberty as I will have kids/adult mixed in rooms. For one room I can get a $328 discount if I give up that room and have them assign me a same category room but during check-in! I would give up being next to the other room but save a lot of $! Anyone experience this before? Should I do it and let them assign me somewhere else during check-in? Thank you. :)

Hello- I currently have 2 rooms booked right next to eachother on Liberty as I will have kids/adult mixed in rooms. For one room I can get a $328 discount if I give up that room and have them assign me a same category room but during check-in! I would give up being next to the other room but save a lot of $! Anyone experience this before? Should I do it and let them assign me somewhere else during check-in? Thank you. :)

Since you know the cabin # of the one you are keeping, look at a deck plan and see how far it is possible for the other room to be. It will give you an idea of how far you'll be running to get to the other cabin.

I guess you could also make the most central Cabin the "day room" and keep bathing suits, and day use items in it for convenience (Carnival will give you extra keys to the cabins, so both adults would have one) and use the other cabin for just sleeping.

I don't know that I would do it for the PITA factor, those ships are pretty big!

Have a great cruise, no matter what you decide!

Can't you give up both and when do re-assign you ask for rooms together?

I don't know...just asking?

No... they will be giving the cabin up and going "guarantee", which means Carnival assigns it wherever they want, you have no say in the matter, which is why you get the savings...

They may assign your stateroom BEFORE checkin at the pier, but with the kids and the possibility of being on different decks or on different ends of the ship on same deck.... it's a crap shoot and may or may not work out as you hope it will.

As long as you dont mind being on different ends of the ship, or 4 decks apart, go for it and use the money for something else.

Just be aware that you might not be very close at all to the other cabin and its a looooooong walk from one end to the other end of the ship.

Archived