Costa Victoria

kamb

I just returned from a Med sailing on the Costa Victoria. I was very disappointed. All Americans and English-speaking passengers were treated like second class citizens. I made it a point to speak to other Americans to see if just my imagination and unfortunately they felt the same way.

The Guest Relations/Information Desk was a nightmare. One question was asked and you got five different answers. Then 2 days later you finally were given the correct answer only if you had the wherewithall to ask your question again.

One gentleman on the cruise staff actually made a derogatory hand signal and insulted the Americans (he actually said......oooooohhhhh Americans!)

I am a very experienced cruiser - this was my 92nd cruise and probably my 10th with Costa. I have never experienced this kind of adverse treatment before. Has anyone else?

Overall I have to say on a scale of 1 to 10 the cruise (with the exception of the rude treatment of Americans) was a 6. Entertainment was only "ok". The food was also only "ok". Definitely not the type of cruise I'm used to. I'd be interested to hear anybody else's comments on Costa in the Med.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm .. I'm Australian and had the same experience on Costa. Was less than impressed. I put part of it down to Victoria being slightly older - I suspect Magica and Fortuna may be slightly better being new ships - and of 'Carnival' design. I have heard that MSC - also an Italian company - is far superior.

Archived