Carnival Cabins being recategorized

Soccerfan

Hi

I read on another post that the cabins are being recategorized.

I checked out my 1A booking for our B2B on the Freedom for November 09 (the 1A cabin with the 2 big windows). This 1A and the cabin exactly the same on the opposite side of the deck have been recategorized from a 1A to a 6B :eek: That's a big jump!

I'm so thankful that we got this cabin secured at a 1A rate. This cabin would cost us $960 more (for B2B) than what we paid if we had waited to book this same cabin until today.

Another thing that I noticed is that it appears they have drastically cut down on the # of 4A cabins and recategorized to a 4B. This is good news for our large group who have booked 4A guarantee's. Better odds of getting upgraded now :)

No, the OP is talking about the 1A cabins which changed months ago. Way before my Sept cruise anyway, cant remember how long its been. There are no 4A cabins that had 2 windows, so they must be talking about the 1As.

There were two special 1A cabins with two windows, which on Conquest class had two beds on the floor which have been recategorized as 6Bs with the rest of the deck.

Poor Wennfred's thread that went bye bye some time ago.

You are right, only those 4G cabins, that used to be 6B obstructed OVs have windows to see out. the ones on the front of the deck.

Another thing that I noticed is that it appears they have drastically cut down on the # of 4A cabins and recategorized to a 4B. This is good news for our large group who have booked 4A guarantee's. Better odds of getting upgraded now :)

The only fly in the ointment, is the 4Bs, that used to be 4As, you can get upgraded now to a 4B and still be on deck 1 :( The reason its not so good is now you would need to check the 4Bs for a price drop to get OBC and you are still on deck one, its not exactly my idea of a upgrade. Midship just is going to cost more now.

Thanks for pointing out my error, I was referring to 1A's and not the 4A's. :)

I didn't realize the recategorizing was done a while ago. I went back and checked when we booked the November 09 sailing and couldn't believe it was back in February 08. Time flies.

The only fly in the ointment, is the 4Bs, that used to be 4As, you can get upgraded now to a 4B and still be on deck 1 :( The reason its not so good is now you would need to check the 4Bs for a price drop to get OBC and you are still on deck one, its not exactly my idea of a upgrade. Midship just is going to cost more now.

I hope that my friends have the same luck that they had on next weeks Freedom sailing. We booked 10 4A guarantees and they were all upgraded to 4D's E's and F's.

Ironically enough, I booked 8A Guarantee and got 8A!! I never seem to have any luck with Carnival upgrades even though I have sailed with them 8 times in just over 2 years and booked well over 50 cabins introducing many many friends to Carnival. There is no rhyme or reason as to who gets upgraded, loyalty doesn't count for anything it seems. I think they just randomly pick without even looking at anyone's profile.

Doesn't matter now though cos this time next week we'll be getting ready to leave! :)

I also plan on sailing the freedom.

I have a Cat 4a. Do all 4a cabins have a window or do only some? I think on the splendor only cat 4g have windows for the same price as inside cabins.

can you clarify.

thanks!

If you have 4A why don't you call now and get the promotion of a free upgrade to a 4G for the price of a 4A? Code is P1S but sale ends tomorrow night. Good Luck.

Thanks for pointing out my error, I was referring to 1A's and not the 4A's. :)

I didn't realize the recategorizing was done a while ago. I went back and checked when we booked the November 09 sailing and couldn't believe it was back in February 08. Time flies.

I knew because Iv been in these cabins once myself and have them booked onced more. Couldnt get them again at that price, durn Carnival keeps ruining all the deals.

I actually haven't booked yet. The price I was quotes is $658 including all fees which I think is a very good price but the agent (Who is not through carnival) said that the 4G one is more money. Do you think if I mentioned the P1S code she would be able to get it?

Also is it possible to book through a travel agent and then call carnival to change it?

And also another quick question. Do all 4G's come with an OV window or only some have that?

THANKS for all your help

Hi,

Go to the Carnival website, go to the higher floors and make a note of the 4G cabins that are at the front of the ship. These have the windows.

Your TA should be able to get you the available 4G cabin you want today at a 4A rate. If not, I would deal directly with Carnival as one of the drawbacks of booking through an agent is that Carnival will not assist you in any way once the agent "owns" this booking.

If the cost is the same book with Carnival as you will get 24 hr assistance and be able to access your booking when you need to.

Sale ends today so I would look into it asap.

Good Luck

Actually this change was made a couple months ago and all groups now have the 4B, 6B, 8B guarantee. Our group which was planned earlier in the year was originally 4A, 6A, 8A. When the change was made it automatically went into affect with the pre-existing groups as well as any new group.

Archived