Ohio cruisers !!!!

Bran8778

We live & work just outside of Elyria! Windchill for the Browns game yesterday was -21. I was offered FREE tickets WITH field pass and declined. It's just too freeking cold right now. I would do anything to be back on that ship!

Just thought all you good Ohio people might like this info for you next cruise:

Carnival Cruise Lines has taken the fight against breast cancer to the high seas with "On Deck for the Cure", a fundraising walk that happens on every Carnival sailing to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Check your capers for the day and time. You can sign up in the Formalities Shops on board. You get a t-shirt and a pink "On Deck For The Cure" wristband. It is only a $10 donation and takes about 35 minutes. Pink lemonade was provided after the 3 laps around the deck, which equals about one mile. This may or may not be promoted by your cruise director, so be sure not to miss this fun and very worthy activity. Let’s promote it and support it!

We live & work just outside of Elyria! Windchill for the Browns game yesterday was -21. I was offered FREE tickets WITH field pass and declined. It's just too freeking cold right now. I would do anything to be back on that ship!

Just thought all you good Ohio people might like this info for you next cruise:

Carnival Cruise Lines has taken the fight against breast cancer to the high seas with "On Deck for the Cure", a fundraising walk that happens on every Carnival sailing to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Check your capers for the day and time. You can sign up in the Formalities Shops on board. You get a t-shirt and a pink "On Deck For The Cure" wristband. It is only a $10 donation and takes about 35 minutes. Pink lemonade was provided after the 3 laps around the deck, which equals about one mile. This may or may not be promoted by your cruise director, so be sure not to miss this fun and very worthy activity. Let’s promote it and support it!

That's cool!! I'm sure my wife and I will look into walk/run :)

• 2 weeks later...

I live in a western suburb of Cleveland. As you can see by my name "Norwaylin", it was given to me by my cruising buddy when we went on our first cruise aboard the SS Norway.

The last cruise I went on was the Inspiration out of Tampa, FL. It was a Spring Break cruise for my sister's family (which included three school-age children). My favorite time is cruise is in the late fall, but I would like to try one in February in the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all fellow Buckeyes!

We are "due east" of Columbus at St. Clairsville, Ohio. We are having a heat wave here - temperatures up to a steamy 40 degrees! I don't know how to react to this! We've cruised about 8 times - mostly on Princess although our last cruise was on the NCL Spirit out of NYC - a great cruise with stops in some wonderful ports! This time we leave from there, too - we are going from Pittsburgh by train then taking some time to tour NYC. I can't wait. We are closer to the Burgh than we are to Cleveland and have always been Steeler fans (sorry Browns). So you'll have to pardon me when I say,

HERE WE GO! HERE WE GO!

PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi fellow Buckeyes!

Joe and I are winter get away cruisers.

We try to go every January or February to get away from the Ohio cold. I really think it is the Ohio gray that we want to get away from. You know, everything is a gray color for months. The road, the sky the trees, everything.

It is so nice seeing blue sky and blue waters.

We are going on the Celebrity Summit January 31st. There happens to be a huge Irish festival on our sailing. 14 Irish bands will be playing in different venues during our cruise. I think we are in for a great time, high bar bill but great time!

Hope this thread takes off!

Jan

JRarey !

Hy Jan Injoy your cruise you leave today affter all the Snow this past week I am sure you ar glad to get out of Dayton

We are also from Dayton (Trotwood) and just returned from the Panama Canel December 5th The Mercury

We are also booked on the Mercury again March 15th R/T San Diego Ton Hawaii Cant Wait

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Hello fellow Ohioians,

I live in Streetsboro, which is 45 minutes southeast of Cleveland. I'm going on my first cruise on Carnival Fascination on Feb. 21. Never been to the ocean, so I am looking forward to this cruise.

Geraldo:D

Hello fellow Ohioians,

I live in Streetsboro, which is 45 minutes southeast of Cleveland. I'm going on my first cruise on Carnival Fascination on Feb. 21. Never been to the ocean, so I am looking forward to this cruise.

Geraldo:D

Howdy Neighbor!

We're in the Boro too. Where is your first cruise going? You are so lucky to get out of this ice, slush and snow!

Hi to all the other Ohioans on this board as well. We are addicted to cruising too. Anyone have any good cruise tips they want to share?:rolleyes:

Howdy Neighbor!

We're in the Boro too. Where is your first cruise going? You are so lucky to get out of this ice, slush and snow!

Hi to all the other Ohioans on this board as well. We are addicted to cruising too. Anyone have any good cruise tips they want to share?:rolleyes:

I'm going to the Bahamas. Looking forward to it.:D

• 1 month later...

hi all ohioians..... well i was wondering if anyone has seen this new "carnival sunday fun day party" its all over the carnival thread page. ppl offered to host a party for carnival thur out the country. well theres a gal in the columbus area that is having one..her email is dfout5rcl@aol.com and i will post her post in a second.

wanted to pass the word to see if anyone is interested

thanks

post_old.gif Today, 01:37 AM

image.php?u=312228&dateline=1231733849 dfout5rcl user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifwoo hoo partyyyy!

Columbus, Ohio reporting - email me at dfout5rcl@aol.com if interested!

Cruise's Taken:

* Carnival Imagination 01/05/08 - 5 Day

Grand Cayman, Ohco Rios Jamacia

* Carnival Freedom 12/06/08 - 8 day

San Juan PR, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau

-----------------------------------------------

To Come:

* Carnival Valor 04/19/09 - 7 Day

Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Belize, Cozumel

O-H-I-O!!!

Hey there everybody! I am not sure how I missed this thread for so long! The only true remedy for living in Ohio is a cruise! We are leaving on our Honeymoon in just a few days and NOW the sun statrs to show up!!! We live in Akron & can't wait to go to western carib!:D