November 13, 2004:Lunch on the Century??

Florida Lady

Has anyone received their tickets for the November 13, 2004 lunch on the Century? We returned the form and Check to Celebrity the day after receiving the notice about the event. Have not heard a word and check is still outstanding.

I would love to know more about that too. I live about 30 minutes from the pier, and it would be great to have lunch on Century !

Regards,

Andy

Florida Lady:) ...could you explain to us what this is about? Are they having a "Special Luncheon"? Is anyone able to go? I really think (Andy for example) would go...as he lives withing driving distance of the pier.

Florida Lady:) ...could you explain to us what this is about? Are they having a "Special Luncheon"? Is anyone able to go? I really think (Andy for example) would go...as he lives withing driving distance of the pier.

Hi Lois !

Yes, I would more than likely go, but I have not heard anything about this. Sadly, I never get any special emails or promotion offers from Celebrity. I really cant figure out why some people get special offers (and surveys) & others do not.

I have called Captains Club countless times about this.... each time, they say they would take care of it, and they do not. I wish I knew how to get myself on these lists.

I have resigned myself to the fact, that I am not on any of their recognized lists, and it probably wont ever change. It is a shame, especially since I have sailed with them countless times, and spent a TON of money with them. It is VERY frustrating to not get the recognition from Celebrity, that you would hope to get.

Regards,

Andy

Andy...don't feel bad or alone.....I never receive anything either....lets see, we both sail with them as often as we can and we both spend money on the ship....

Wonder why neither of us is special?

Quote: "Celebrity would like to invite you and your friends an family to join us on board Century for an exclusive Captain's Club lunch."

Six courses

Notice (by mail) was sent out in October.

Time 11:00am-3:30pm

Price $45 per person

Andy...don't feel bad or alone.....I never receive anything either....lets see, we both sail with them as often as we can and we both spend money on the ship....

I could (partially) answer this question, but then I would probably have to self destruct (need to know basis only).

You'd be surprised what 'out in left field' criteria wind up 'determining' the inclusion list for a direct marketing campaign. It's not as simple as 'been there, done that'.

Ask Greg at marketing technologies group. (Last I heard, they were working for/with RCL on marketing 'stuff'). It's all blue smoke and mirrors. Note that this was a 'direct mail' campaign.

'if you are any of your marketing group are caught or captured...the secretary will dsavow any knowledge of your actions....'

Hi Lois !

Your comments, as usual, have hit the bullseye !

I called Captains Club today, and they said the Saturday luncheon, was a "limited random invite, limited to 100 guests".

First, before I vent, please make sure you understand, that this I am truly happy for those who were invited.

I do have to question why their most loyal passengers appear to be excluded from this luncheon. You would think that Celebrity would want to keep their most loyal passengers happy. Do we not matter ?

Once again, these types of exclusions make me wonder if Celebrity knows how to keep their best customers happy, or if they even care for that matter. This is just another way to annoy people who have spent significant money with them in the past.

The only thing that comes to mind, is MAYBE they want to reach out to people who have not Cruised with them very much. Then again, if the selection was TRULY random (which is what I was told), that would not add much credibility to this thought.

Another comment....45.00 PP for Lunch ??? Princess invited me on Caribbean Princess a few months ago, for FREE. The Lunch was Outstanding, and we had a great afternoon viewing the ship !

To me, loyalty means a great deal. I have been VERY loyal to Celebrity, as I sail about 95 % of the time with them. I do feel that loyalty should be a 2 way street, and I sincerely wish Celebrity made me feel wanted, and appreciated. I am not getting that feeling right now.

Perhaps Princess values my past experiences, and money spent with them, more than Celebrity does. It sure seems that way to me.

As Celebrity isnt going to have much to offer out of Ft Lauderdale next season, it looks like Princess is going to get more of my attention next time I book.

Ok, I am done with my venting :). Comments are always welcome !

Regards,

Andy

Andy, I know just how you feel. Since we have discovered Celebrity we have stayed with them 100% of the time, well almost. Not only am I not on any of their mailing lists, they act like they are doing me a favor by letting me book a cruise with them. :rolleyes: They did send me a nice T shirt after I called about it 5 times.

Obviously the lunch invitations would only be sent to the people in the immediate area which should make you even madder. :)

Called Celebrity also. This is from the horses mouth:

Wayne Williams of RCL/Celebrity is the point person for this luncheon.

Letters sent in Oct 04 to "certain" captain club members in Broward and Dade Counties. They wanted 100 people max to attend. One hundred folks responded therefore the luncheon is closed for new invitees.

They will have more of these in the future.

Apparently they are going to discuss a new promotion after the luncheon and see how well it goes with the invitees. They would not tell me about the new business that is going to be discussed.

Don

Archived