Mexican Cuisine cooking shore tour in Cozumel??

hkolln

Anybody do anything similar to this? They take you to a beach where you get to learn how to cook mexican cuisine and then you get to eat it along with try some wine, etc...

Hubby wants to do this but I haven't seen it mentioned on here.

I went to the RCL website and looked at the available shore tours on their site. It was under Cozumel and it costs 74.00/pp.

I love to cook (and love to eat lol!!) and I love mexican food but I've never heard anyone mention this type of tour.

I read some information on this board about this, too. I don't think there were any posts by someone who's actually done it. However, I found a link under the Cozumel Insider site that tells more about it.

Try this: http://cozumelinsider.com/cooking/index.html#Cooking%20Classes

DH and I are going on Carnival this time, and they don't offer this shore excursion. We're thinking of doing it on our own, if we can. As a matter of fact, that's on my list of things to do this week - find out the details for this cooking class. It looks like they offer it two ways - one is a demonstration - you watch and then eat; the other is a cooking class where you actually do the cooking and then eat.

Hope you enjoy your trip and your class!!

Sally, thank you for that information! :)

Do you know if the one at the Beach Club can be booked privately, or is it only for ship excursions. I think that's the one I read about on the boards. Do you have any other information about either class? Advice on which one to choose?

Any information would be great! Thanks.

I really don't know anything about the one the cruiseline offers, but I doubt you can book it privately. The one offered by Cozumel Insider is run by a very nice man, whose English is very good. I've been told he's an excellent chef, but I haven't eaten anything he ahs prepared personally.

I looked again today at the Cozumel Insider site - there is a way to book this class from the site, but the details are sketchy. For example, it says the location of the class varies, but is convenient. Also, there are no times given. There was no link to e-mail this particular person who is giving the class, but I've e-mailed Sherri from the Insider home page.

Do you know of another or better way for me to find out more about this class? Thanks.

Sally,

I got a reply, but unfortunately Jacqueline says the hands-on classes are more for those staying on the island - not for the cruise ship people - because of the length of time involved. I responded to her that our ship is scheduled to be in port until 7 p.m. I don't know if that will make a difference.

I looked at Carnival's site and the cooking class appears as an excursion now (it didn't a few weeks ago) but then it says "Not available at this time". Maybe they'll get this going by the time we sail and we can do the one through the ship.

Thanks for your help.

Archived