8 weeks until the Star...woooo hoooo!

Stranger1

Only 8 more weeks until we fly out to meet the Star Princess. My DW and I are really starting to get excited since we booked our shore excursions today...and thanks to Chris's great review and information via email, we will be renewing our vows for our 10th anniversary. Now if only the Docs would get here so I can do the Doc Dance!!

Hi Stranger1,

We'll be on the Star the same week!! We are all set with our excursions too, VERY glad to see that GC is back up and running. Now all we have to do is hope that PC can get put together in time too.

if you'd like to join a roll call, we have one (not too active) going:

Star Princess Roll Call - 1/2/05

Enymarsh, I'll be heading over to the rollcall within the next couple of days (when I have time to read up on what everyone's doing). The excitement is really building for this cruise. I think the main reason is that we were supposed to go in March, but due to work schedules we kept changing it until we got to the 1st week in January...sooooo, this cruise has very little lag time between booking and sailing. Lots to do...Lots to do!!

Sue, I'll make sure to have a drink on your birthday...heck, because it's you, I'll have several. LOL!!

Stranger1, I'll be checking in ... I look in every day but people seem to be pretty busy and so I don't see many posts ... as we get closer and the excitement builds I think we'll all be posting more.

Glad to hear that the Star is in good shape and others had such a nice time on her. After 2 times on the Golden, I think I'll probably feel like I'm coming home...can't wait, here I come!!!

Ok...now less than 8 weeks. Got a small coffee maker for the DW that should make her happy on the ship. Next stop is to order the underwater housing for our digital camera. I've actually got some decent pics from the disposable ones, but to get really good fish/coral pics you need a flash. And while I'm on the subject of purchases, I've read alot on the board about water boots/shoes/socks for excursions like Dunns River Falls. Are these actually Shoes, or are they more the neoprene type socks? Have seen all types on the web and was just wondering what was best. If it's actually the shoes, can they be worn ok on dry land as well (didn't want to have to take 2 pairs of shoes for an excursion). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And while I'm on the subject of purchases, I've read alot on the board about water boots/shoes/socks for excursions like Dunns River Falls. Are these actually Shoes, or are they more the neoprene type socks? Have seen all types on the web and was just wondering what was best. If it's actually the shoes, can they be worn ok on dry land as well (didn't want to have to take 2 pairs of shoes for an excursion). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you go to someplace like Walmart or Target, you can get these pretty cheap. They are swim shoes.....neoprene on top and they have a rubber sole on the bottom. You could walk around in them....but they are lightweight and flatten out pretty well so we still wear regular shoes (so as to not wear out our swim shoes!)

Stranger1,

I am local, I live in Buena Park, and I bought some about a month ago at Wal-Mart, we always call them water shoes, I think I paid like 6 bucks, but if you can't find them, I know the ships sale them for more, also at Dunns River Falls they were cheap, like around 8-10 dollars,

good luck

Hi Stranger!

When we went to Dunns River Falls the last time, I had unsuccessfully tried to find water shoes before we left so we had to look once we got to FLL. Had limited success (just for me - $8.00). They sold a small selection of them on the ship for $20 :eek: So we let that go hearing that we could get them in port. Sure enough when we arrived at Ocho Rios, immediately upon exiting the ship, even before we reached our tour operator, we had to walk through shops. So we shopped, found a pair for my husband ($10-12) and proceeded out to our tour operator. I didn't look at the falls since we already had ours, but the price quoted above sounds better than what we found. Our kids (grown) didn't have them for this trip so (knowing that we needed them this time) I went to Walmart during the summer and got them for them at about $5.00 a pair.

We're using Peat Taylor for our trip to Dunns River Falls. Who are you booked with?

Enymarsh, I'd heard alot about Peat Taylor, but just got lazy and went with the Princess tour. It's the Trimaran that sails the brief distance to Dunns and after goes to a private beach for 2 hrs of sun and snorkle. Sounded pretty good. I guess, for me, It's been a very long hard year, and right now taking the easy way out by having Princess take care of everything sounds pretty good. I've got Princess excursions on GC and Cozumel also and will be writing a review of each after we get back.

Ester,

I am using Peat as well, this is my second time and he is a really great guy.

Stranger1 - go and enjoy.

I will write a reveiw when I get back and will post pics and the patters.

I am getting so excited I am ready to go now. 10 days from now I will be flying to FLL for my week of Paradise:p

Stranger,

My DW and I are on the Star the week before you ... we'll make sure we leave in good order for you guys to enjoy!

Hilander :)

Only 8 more weeks until we fly out to meet the Star Princess. My DW and I are really starting to get excited since we booked our shore excursions today...and thanks to Chris's great review and information via email, we will be renewing our vows for our 10th anniversary. Now if only the Docs would get here so I can do the Doc Dance!!

DeerinH20,

I am sooo jealous!!! 10 days?!? I will think of you that week ... say hi to Peat Taylor and tell him the Marshes are coming in January!!

Stranger1,

Your excursion sounds wonderful! We're hoping to go to a beach after the falls but I don't know which one. Water and sand is all we'll need and Peat takes you to a location/activity of your choosing so we'll see.

Archived