Just got my cat assignment how good is it

mamlewis

I had an original booking for a D2 cat cabin when the Balcony guarantee opened up at lower money i changed. Well finally got my cabin assignment today moved to a D1 on deck 10 cabin 1236. I see it has connecting doors and is towards the back of the ship or front not really sure. Its on the AOS. Can anyone tell me anything about this cabin. RCCL have it on their website as 188sq with 50sq balcony but on my booking page when i call up the deck plan it has the cabin as 202sq and 50sq balcony. Wonder which is correct and how good is this location.

Thanks for your help.

I had an original booking for a D2 cat cabin when the Balcony guarantee opened up at lower money i changed. Well finally got my cabin assignment today moved to a D1 on deck 10 cabin 1236. I see it has connecting doors and is towards the back of the ship or front not really sure. Its on the AOS. Can anyone tell me anything about this cabin. RCCL have it on their website as 188sq with 50sq balcony but on my booking page when i call up the deck plan it has the cabin as 202sq and 50sq balcony. Wonder which is correct and how good is this location.

Thanks for your help.

Well, I think you have scored a pretty good room for having a balcony guarantee. These are the advantages of where you are located: You are forward on the ship and right near the forward stairs and elevators. Therefore it will be easy for you to get back and forth from your room to the gym, the Solarium pool, and the spa---all places that you wear "different" clothes to. So if you book yourself a massage, or have a dip in the pool, or have a workout or a sauna, you don't schlepp for a mile to change afterwards. Also key is that being on the forward elevators, you can zip straight down to Deck 5 to the 24-hour Cafe Promenade for snacks/coffee.

Being on the hump--the rear elevator/stair system of these ships is usually what everyone raves about. Yes the hump is central to dining and other activities, but being forward on the ship does have its advantages too.

I think that you will like your room; and regardless of exactly how many square feet of space you have, you'll find the rooms and storage to be very well thought out.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

PS Your room is underneath a storage area and the very corner of the open-space workout/class area of the gym. I don't think you will have any noise at all from overhead. Yay!

it has the cabin as 202sq and 50sq balcony. Wonder which is correct and how good is this location.

[/size]

This size is correct. We've previously been in 1240 and 1234 and I love this forward location for all the reasons that LAKaye gave. Plus the theatre is below so you can use the stairs afterwards instead of waiting for the elevators. This is in a very small section of hallway so it's very quiet and you won't hear much from the gym above. The way I figure it, the captain's cabin is just a couple of doors beyond this one and if the location is good enough for him, it's good enough for me. :)

em

Archived