Pre Sail Hotel?

rstep

Anybody have a suggestion for a reasonably priced hotel pre cruise in Fort Lauderdale? We don't need anything expensive but would like something clean, safe area, with something to do nearby or with access by canal taxi.

Depending on when you are sailing prices at the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center may be in the range you are seeking. We found it quite nice and very well located when we sailed on the Legend in 2006. They also offer a shuttle from the airport.

I usually look for something in Priceline or Hotwire.

Bidding for accomodations is something new for a lot of people but I've always gotten very good deals. I like getting those 3.5 or 4 star hotels for less than 100 bucks.

Last may I booked one night in Miami before our cruise at the Holiday inn Por of Miami for about 65 dlls. In januray I'll be staying at the Omni Jacksonville before our cruise for only 80 dlls. I've stayed at nice 4 star hotels in scottsdale and DC using these methods.

I recommend you to visit http://www.biddinfortravel.com to learn more about these two sites.

I've never had a problem requesting a specific room with priceline, I imagine that only if you are traveling during a super high season, but in that case I doubt you'll be able to get a priceline deal.

In Vegas I didn't had a problem requesting two doubles and an extra crib since there were 5 of us traveling. (although I should have booked 2 rooms)

Whe I check in I've always been asked what kind of room do I want

Try the pillars it's right on the canal, a block from the beach and there are some nice restaurants around. Rooms may be a little small for 3 people, but it is a great small hotel and if you catch it on the right days the rates can be a total bargain.

We are staying at Embassy Suites 17th St. From what we understand, it is in a great location- walking distance to many stores, restaurants, close to beach, lots of transportation to anywhere. We booked a year out, and got a rate of $159 for a king suite (there will be 4 of us) They give free breakfast, and manager's reception. This is a weekend rate during Christmas week, so I would think the rates are much lower at other times.

We are heading down to Miami for a cruise next month but have to fly into Ft Lauderdale due to great air-fares so we needed 3 nights... two in Miami the nights before the cruise and one back in Ft Laud afterwards. I did the whole Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, etc... Then I took those prices, called the '3.5 stars' and up hotels in both areas that had free shuttle either to the port or to the airport, and worked with the front desk to get a good deal! It seems that they were very much willing to lower their prices in order to book a room. I got 2 great deals! (and with our Marriot points, we get a 3rd night free!). Good luck!

Archived