Dive operator Grand Cayman

kenzie

In port Feb on Jewel of Seas. Want to dive with daughter who is 11 yrs old and junior open but cruise excursion will not take under 12 yrs old so I need independant operator who will take us for two tank dive with guide. Although daughter should only dive to 12 meters, we did dive to 17meters in Dominica last month and 15 meters in Bonaire last month. She is pretty confident. I am advanced but not very confident in navigation so guide needed to get the best of the dives. We are in port 7am to 6pm.

Also just checking, am I correct in assuming Grand Cayman would make nicer dives than Aruba.

In port Feb on Jewel of Seas. Want to dive with daughter who is 11 yrs old and junior open but cruise excursion will not take under 12 yrs old so I need independant operator who will take us for two tank dive with guide. Although daughter should only dive to 12 meters, we did dive to 17meters in Dominica last month and 15 meters in Bonaire last month. She is pretty confident. I am advanced but not very confident in navigation so guide needed to get the best of the dives. We are in port 7am to 6pm.

Also just checking, am I correct in assuming Grand Cayman would make nicer dives than Aruba.

Hi,

Yes, I think GC is better. :) You might consider a guided shore dive. These dives tend to be a bit shallower but still lots to see. There are two dive shops near the town. Eden Rock (www.edenrockdive.com) and Sunset House (http://www.sunsethouse.com/shore_diving.php). Both can provide a guide and any equipment you need with advance notice. Eden Rock is walkable from the tender docks but I like sunset house even though it's a 2-3 minute cab ride (cabs are readily available in George Town and at SSH). The nice thing is you dive your own profile, if your daughter gets tired you're near shore and the dives are great with no loss of time that you'd have with a boat dive. You'll enjoy yourself with either place.

Randall

Dove Sunset House last month with my 11 year old son, and with the exception of a mixup about supplying a guide for our dive, it was a great place to dive for a junior diver. If your daughter is timid at all, you can start in the seapool, which is a shallow area carved into the rock on shore. It has an opening into the sea, so once your comfortable in the water, you can just swim out into the ocean.

Archived