Transatlantic Jitters !!

COLLEYBERRY

Three full sea days - we left Cape Verde on November 12 and arrived in Recife, Brazil on November 16. I guess we were on the Rocketdam!

Actually it looks on the map to be only about half the distance that you sailed on your itinerary.

You made me laugh out loud... Rocketdam!!!! Quick thinking...

Three full sea days - we left Cape Verde on November 12 and arrived in Recife, Brazil on November 16. I guess we were on the Rocketdam!

Actually it looks on the map to be only about half the distance that you sailed on your itinerary.

The southern Atlantic crossing at that point is one of the narrowest places to do it. Back during WWII FDR flew all the way down to Brazil, then across to Africa, and then back north for meetings in Europe because he could fly, more safely and quickly, that route than go by ship through the North Atlantic or fly the northern circle route.

The southern Atlantic crossing at that point is one of the narrowest places to do it. Back during WWII FDR flew all the way down to Brazil, then across to Africa, and then back north for meetings in Europe because he could fly, more safely and quickly, that route than go by ship through the North Atlantic or fly the northern circle route.

In my mom's opinion, there is also a big difference between the waters down there compared to the North Atlantic. She emigrated that way to Canada from England on the Empress of England, and she told me that one night the seas were so rough that even the captain got seasick! But that was over 40 years ago, and stabilizers have come a long way since.

Nice to see you back, RevNeal... how'd you change your screen name to to capitalize the R and N?

Archived