Spray on/Mystic Tanning

oooohDonna

I have not done the before but want to try for going on a 4 day cruise in 2 weeks.

Any opinions on doing the spray on, where someone actually sprays you, versus the Mystic, where a machine sprays you?

I have options to do either in my area and was thinking I would just do the Mystic tanning booth. Does anyone have experience with these?

Good ? there...

I did a mystic tan last week, the only kind I have ever tried. I did a medium bronze and it lasted about 4 days. Although around my hands it had looked like they were dirty(my fault I guess) and I did rub the lotion they have there on them.

I'm going this weekend to get a dark bronze to see how that looks on me & if lasting time is the same. I leave for our Cruise Dec 4th and I'm still debating on going the day before to get a mystic or 2 days before.

I have a question if anyone else is leaving advice about the spray on tans...

Will the saltwater effect these spray on tans?

Donna,

Check out this thread!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=727427

Look for the posts by desperatehousewife. They start at post #4. Do everything she says!!!

She is the expert on all things spray tan.

I recently went to a wedding in Las Vegas. I went to a Mystic tan place the day before I left because I thought I would look better in my dress if I had a little more color. (It worked!...:)) The only thing I would do differently would be to get the darkest shade instead of the middle shade!

Anyway - desperatehouswife was TONS of help with the whole tanning thing and I was really pleased with how everything turned out. And we had a blast in Vegas too!!;)

YOU RAWK Heather!!:)

So go to that thread now. Read. Learn. Be tan! Oh, and have fun on your cruise.....:D

I have not done the before but want to try for going on a 4 day cruise in 2 weeks.

Any opinions on doing the spray on, where someone actually sprays you, versus the Mystic, where a machine sprays you?

I have options to do either in my area and was thinking I would just do the Mystic tanning booth. Does anyone have experience with these?

ive done the mystic tan before and it came out great. but my sister did it for a cruise and she ended up with wierd marks. she didnt lift her arms enought and she had white creases in some areas. it was pretty funny. then as the cruise went on the salt water ate away at the "tan" and she had even more weird spots. as much as i love the mystic tans they arent ideal for a cruise

ive done the mystic tan before and it came out great. but my sister did it for a cruise and she ended up with wierd marks. she didnt lift her arms enought and she had white creases in some areas. it was pretty funny. then as the cruise went on the salt water ate away at the "tan" and she had even more weird spots. as much as i love the mystic tans they arent ideal for a cruise

Ahh well that bites LOL I wasn't sure about the effects from the saltwater. Well guess better to go plae then all spotty :D

Guess I better look into who does the spray tans around here.

Donna,

Check out this thread!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=727427

Look for the posts by desperatehousewife. They start at post #4. Do everything she says!!!

She is the expert on all things spray tan.

I recently went to a wedding in Las Vegas. I went to a Mystic tan place the day before I left because I thought I would look better in my dress if I had a little more color. (It worked!...:)) The only thing I would do differently would be to get the darkest shade instead of the middle shade!

Anyway - desperatehouswife was TONS of help with the whole tanning thing and I was really pleased with how everything turned out. And we had a blast in Vegas too!!;)

YOU RAWK Heather!!:)

So go to that thread now. Read. Learn. Be tan! Oh, and have fun on your cruise.....:D

Oh wow, I forgot I posted this on here :o LOL...was bored and scanning and found it! Cool, I will check it out and I am going to go TODAY 11/26, just to make sure it will be ok and then go back on 12/3 before my 12/4 cruise, I think!

Thanks everyone!!

Archived