Past Cruiser Discount?

RedStilettos

I have sailed twice with Carnival, and would like to sail again, but maybe check out another line.

Which Cruiselines are affiliated with each other? Or in simpler terms, which ones will use my past cruising with Carnival as credit in order to get a discount as a past cruiser on their line?

Any of them?

Princess probably will. Carnival owns a lot of lines. Im going on the QM2 out of NYC next July and can get OBC because of owning Carnival stock.

If you are referring to getting credit for however many cruises you've taken, Carnival credits are NOT transferrable to Princess. They are totally separate, even though owned by Carnival. I believe that's the case on any of Carnival's sister companies. Personally, I think Princess has a better repeat customer plan. :)

I think the OBC due to owning stock is a totally different thing, which I can't comment on as I don't own any.

Unsure about the discounts, but Carnival owns...Princess, Cunard, Costa....I think Holland America, P&O and others

Carnival Corp. is Carnival, HAL, Princess, P&O, Cunard, Costa and others. Since Carnival cruise line is the lowest grade there PP does not transfer to Princess but Princess credits can go towards Carnival. Also agree Carnival's PP program is not very good, 1 or 10 cruises same benefits which are basically nothing.

Carnival Corp. is Carnival, HAL, Princess, P&O, Cunard, Costa and others. Since Carnival cruise line is the lowest grade there PP does not transfer to Princess but Princess credits can go towards Carnival. Also agree Carnival's PP program is not very good, 1 or 10 cruises same benefits which are basically nothing.

Is this new about Princess credits transferring to Carnival? It hasn't been the case for either of my Carnival cruises.

Is this new about Princess credits transferring to Carnival? It hasn't been the case for either of my Carnival cruises.

It stated a few years ago when Carnival purchased Princess. Again all it gets you is entitlement to early sales and PP rates on select sailings. Since you cruised Carnival once it doesn't matter if they add your PCL credits. I actually did some searching and I may retract my statement..I don't think they transfer from line to line.

If you are referring to getting credit for however many cruises you've taken, Carnival credits are NOT transferrable to Princess. They are totally separate, even though owned by Carnival. I believe that's the case on any of Carnival's sister companies. Personally, I think Princess has a better repeat customer plan. :)

I think the OBC due to owning stock is a totally different thing, which I can't comment on as I don't own any.

I know I didnt say the credits were transferable. I didnt know saying the PAST GUEST discount might be applicable on Princess could be read as transferring credits. I assumed the OP was talking about getting a past guest discount on the price, not transferring credits because she asked about a DISCOUNT.

To me getting OBC for Carnival stock is like getting a discount since it changes my overall cost. Cunard is owned by Carnival as are other cruiselines.

The OP asked about getting a discount, not about transferring her cruise credits. I do know if you are a past guest on Princess you can get the past guest discount on Carnival, so I was assuming it worked in reverse (thats why I said it MIGHT work in reverse). You dont need to transfer credits to get a past guest discount.

The whole thing to me is a moot point since after one cruise on any cruiseline Iv been on Iv then become a past guest. One cruise and not getting a upgrade or past guest sale, no biggie. Im a past guest on several cruiselines, so it doesnt matter.

Over 10 years ago I wrote to Princess asking if I would get a past guest credit for sailing on Sitmar since they purchased it. They issued a card to me. I finally am going to sail on Princess in January and received a past guest credit of $50 for recommending my relatives who are going on the cruise with me.

Archived