Who has stayed in a Concierge Class Cabin?

marthabro

[quote name='hcat']Actually the cabins themselves are the same as they used to be --perks are different. All of our past cabins are now in CC class so we will try CC next trip on Mercury. Same cabin, higher price,, some perks we hope! Most sought perk for us is priority boarding...[/QUOTE]

Priority boarding was not a big deal. They were not even using CC lines. You just went to the next available check-in location. We got on so fast, I had to stop and rest twice becasue I had two heavy carryons.

However, we did enjoy many of the perks including flowers, soft towels, new mattresses and umbrella (rained in San Juan).

I must say we are thrilled. We upgraded today to a CC on the 5/20 Summit to Alaska. It was a no-brainer...We are over 55; today I saw a SR rate; We were booked in a Cat. 2C; no Cat 2C's left so we upgraded and still paid LESS than our 2C!

Bottom line, I'm not going to be picky at all...whatever comes with our CC will be a DEAL! We will be in 8160. We're on a Northbound cruise so really wanted Starboard side. Has anyone stayed in this stateroom?

Can anyone tell I'm excited? Hopefully having a CC will be habit-forming!

Sharon

[quote name='SEPyle'] We're on a Northbound cruise so really wanted Starboard side. Has anyone stayed in this stateroom?

Sharon[/QUOTE]Chuckle... wait until you see where you're going. Port and starboard both offer great scenery. It's not like any cruise you've been on before! None of that "Land HO!" business!

Totally...in fact, it's easier to be on an open deck at times. That way you can walk to the starboard side to see the bear fishing for salmon, and then cross back over to port when you hear three minutes later that there's a whale sighting. If you stay in on your veranada the whole time you can miss this stuff.

as my DH & I are laughing at this topic. I had a grat time with the Hotel Manager as I was showing folks how our binocculars showed twice the sighting. See a ship way out there, look in our magical binocculars & see 2! See twins in bikinins now you have 4! He took it to look at his assistant & yelled he is cloned!!!! We had quite a laugh & a new pair delivered that worked. Now the umbrella is golf size for 2 folks......... then last night we got a purse on the bed. I opened it to see folds of leather inside. DH pulled on it & out pops a huge tote bag that zips shut & says CELEBRITY on the side at bottom. So makeup is in purse & plenty fits in tote (50# of stuff that luggage has 49# each). But after 2 CC cruises Connie & Infinity, we don't need another....... hope they have another special item since we got 2 already.

[quote name='shark5']I believe I also read something about binoculars in the cc cabin also (on the infinity to Hawaii in November)[/QUOTE]

Call your TA and ask if there is a senior or resident rate for your state on your sailing. I'm actually a TA and was talking to a client interested in an Alaskan sailing the same week I'm going. When I saw that there was a senior rate on the sailing I checked right away after I got off the phone with her if there was a senior rate on the cruisetour we're on for that date. Sure enough there was, so I called the cruisetour desk at Celebrity and BINGO!

Sharon

[quote name='sassystyxfan'][font=Comic Sans MS][color=purple]What if the other two people you're traveling with aren't in CC? Can they not board early with us? Their room is an inside cabin right across the hall from us. It would sure be a shame if they couldn't board early too. But then, I would wait and give that amenity up...for them. Just curious. Thanks.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Does anyone know the answer? Thanks :)

Are you Captain's Club members? We've never had a problem bringing anyone with our group when CC are called. My bil and sil are coming with us next week on Summit and we plan on having them board with us. Celebrity has always been great about this. We're also in cc but we're Elite CC members. I don't think you'll have any problem as long as it's only another couple.

[quote name='SEPyle']I.whatever comes with our CC will be a DEAL! We will be in 8160. We're on a Northbound cruise so really wanted Starboard side. Has anyone stayed in this stateroom?
Sharon[/QUOTE]

Let me know how your room was when you get back- I have the same one- only on Infinity (sister ship). Thanks:)

many thanks to ecandersonii for sharing the FV (corner) room pics. We're on the 22 April Summit sailing thru the canal. We were forunate to book cabin 8166 (FV corner) today. I mention this because I've paid for CC before and found that it did not justify the extra several hundred dollars in cost. As the moniker suggests, I'm partial to a certain class of rooms - CC ain't them. In addition, if the CC is on the wrong deck (9) and the wrong cabin, I can see where people would pay several hundred more just to be in a different cabin.

Just my $.02

[quote name='FV-or-bust']many thanks to ecandersonii for sharing the FV (corner) room pics. We're on the 22 April Summit sailing thru the canal. We were forunate to book cabin 8166 (FV corner) today. I mention this because I've paid for CC before and found that it did not justify the extra several hundred dollars in cost. As the moniker suggests, I'm partial to a certain class of rooms - CC ain't them. In addition, if the CC is on the wrong deck (9) and the wrong cabin, I can see where people would pay several hundred more just to be in a different cabin.

Just my $.02[/QUOTE]The pics you saw aren't for a corner FV - the pics are of one just inside of that by one cabin from the Summit. The corner FV's are about 3 feet longer in the "sleeping/closet" area (you get an extra closet!) due to the "secret corridor" (GREAT for storing stuff if you find the need), and your veranda will be bigger but ends in steel vs. glass. I've tried to find my corner FV pics from the Infinity, and have NO idea where they've gone. If they ever do turn up, I'll post the bits that are different. I think I may have tossed a pic of the "secret corridor" later, though. Need to look. Anyway, you get what I posted in pics plus some.

As for CC cabins on Deck 9, we've been there and done that, and would take one again in a heartbeat compared to any non-aft CC cabin. The little bit of noise as they reshuffle the furniture at midnight isn't that big a deal. If you're a FV fan, you know what those CC verandas look like (next door) -- same as the inside FV cabins -- HUGE!

Apart from some time spent watching the approach to the first set of locks and some on the sides eyeballing the proximity to the walls first hand on Deck 4, we spent the majority of our time on the aft veranda 'seeing where we been instead of where we gonna be". You've got a great vantage point back there. Enjoy the trip. Are you going SD to FLL or FLL to SD?

[quote name='canderson']The pics you saw aren't for a corner FV - the pics are of one just inside of that by one cabin from the Summit. The corner FV's are about 3 feet longer in the "sleeping/closet" area (you get an extra closet!) due to the "secret corridor" (GREAT for storing stuff if you find the need), and your veranda will be bigger but ends in steel vs. glass. I've tried to find my corner FV pics from the Infinity, and have NO idea where they've gone. If they ever do turn up, I'll post the bits that are different. I think I may have tossed a pic of the "secret corridor" later, though. Need to look. Anyway, you get what I posted in pics plus some.

As for CC cabins on Deck 9, we've been there and done that, and would take one again in a heartbeat compared to any non-aft CC cabin. The little bit of noise as they reshuffle the furniture at midnight isn't that big a deal. If you're a FV fan, you know what those CC verandas look like (next door) -- same as the inside FV cabins -- HUGE!

Apart from some time spent watching the approach to the first set of locks and some on the sides eyeballing the proximity to the walls first hand on Deck 4, we spent the majority of our time on the aft veranda 'seeing where we been instead of where we gonna be". You've got a great vantage point back there. Enjoy the trip. Are you going SD to FLL or FLL to SD?[/QUOTE]

WOW, thanks for all the info. We're going FLL to SD. We're flying in two days before to visit a good friend and his family in Pembroke Pines. What cabin # did you have for the CC room? Have you sailed the Constellation before? Where is she taking you in 36 days?

Thanks again!

ps I believe we share your fondness of the aft cabin - "we're we been instead of where we're going", well said.

[quote name='FV-or-bust']WOW, thanks for all the info. We're going FLL to SD. We're flying in two days before to visit a good friend and his family in Pembroke Pines. What cabin # did you have for the CC room? Have you sailed the Constellation before? Where is she taking you in 36 days?

Thanks again!

ps I believe we share your fondness of the aft cabin - "we're we been instead of where we're going", well said.[/QUOTE]You're going the opposite of the direction we took on the Infinity in Dec '03. We keep talking about doing the whole thing in reverse some day soon (your way, FLL to SD). I'd have to look at deck plans to get exact numbers, but we've been on both decks 8 and 9 (not 7 yet) in both aft CC cabins, corner FV cabins, and most recently (Dec '04) an inner FV cabin. Our last corner FV was for our Alaska trip in July '03. With the nearly 270 degree view, it was a GREAT place to be while the captain spins around in front of Hubbard Glacier.

These cabins are one reason we're partial to the M-Class ships. We've also sailed on C-Class and done the FO cabins, but while an excellent value for a huge inside cabin, I'm still partial to having the veranda available. However, as someone has noted elsewhere, if you're in an FO with the deck right out back, it's always available. Seems not a popular spot (maybe nobody else knows it's there!) but is quite nice. You just have to remember that your window looks out into a public space and remember to draw the curtains in the evening! Anyway, we're on the Galaxy again in December, and this time I booked a SS (Sky Deck) to approximate the interior space of the FO but with a really decent sized veranda. The C-Class ships don't have an equivalent to FV, or for that matter, an aft CC cabin.

As for the Constellation - no - never set foot on that ship before. We've also missed the Millennium along the way, so we'll be 3/4 of the M-Class after this trip. Will be interesting to see how they've done the interior vs. the other two we know. We hadn't planned to be taking another Celebrity cruise for a year after the Dec '04 Summit cruise (we like the longer ones -- you'll love 14 nights!), but got itchy and so I booked the Constellation for next month to "fill in the gap". I was also particularly interested in what they'd done with Cirque (am approaching this with an open mind),

As to where it's taking us -- we were prepared to be flexible and only planned for a quick trip (this is only the 2nd 7 nighter we've taken) and were just happy not to be doing a R/T southern Florida trip. We've sailed out of San Juan before on the Galaxy a few years back, and thought we'd do that again.

The itinerary is San Juan, Puerto Rico; Casa De Campo, Dominican Rep; St. George'S, Grenada; Bridgetown, Barbados; St. Johns, Antigua; Charlotte Amalie; St. Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Rico. Should be interesting to see how well they've managed to get Grenada put back together. We've never been there or to the D.R. nor to Charlotte. Funny how you can take a bunch of trips to the Caribbean and somehow find a new island or two to experience on every trip.

[quote name='PatC']Are you Captain's Club members? We've never had a problem bringing anyone with our group when CC are called. My bil and sil are coming with us next week on Summit and we plan on having them board with us. Celebrity has always been great about this. We're also in cc but we're Elite CC members. I don't think you'll have any problem as long as it's only another couple.[/QUOTE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=purple]Not a captain's club member - this is our first cruise with Celebrity. Thanks for you're answer. :) [/color][/font]

we loved it. Flowers in room, fruit, appetizers, pillow menu,
also CC is taking over the larger size balcony cabins it seems. wish they had told us all cc's get the special invitation to tea before the cruise is over. we were very sad when our dining companions were asked to tea in the special restaurant and they did not even want to go. we thought they were asked because they were capt. club and it was our first Celebrity criuise but turns out everyone eventually gets asked.
you also get seated in a really nice area of the dining room, altho our waiter was not great and we had so many issues they reassigned him.

we liked it enought to pay the surcharge again.

FV or Bust Wrote

"We were forunate to book cabin 8166 (FV corner) today"

These are 8166 on the Infinity FYI

[url="http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=294"]http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=294[/url]

Color scheme may be different I think

David

so we were NOT invited to any tea in a restaurant or buffet or anywhere on the ships during 2 14 days cruises. So maybe it is a perk for ELITE & SELECT folks which we are now so we will see.

As far as a larger CC stateroom, that would be any AFT CC stateroom. with a blacony of 200 saq ft compared to the 30 or so of side ones. All have 191 sq ft cabins but the verandahs are the difference. Some are double width and some are 10x3 feet. Our first CC on Connie had the small balcony & the guy that was 2B had the double size..........

[quote name='watersprite']we loved it. Flowers in room, fruit, appetizers, pillow menu,
also CC is taking over the larger size balcony cabins it seems. wish they had told us all cc's get the special invitation to tea before the cruise is over. we were very sad when our dining companions were asked to tea in the special restaurant and they did not even want to go. we thought they were asked because they were capt. club and it was our first Celebrity criuise but turns out everyone eventually gets asked.
you also get seated in a really nice area of the dining room, altho our waiter was not great and we had so many issues they reassigned him.

we liked it enought to pay the surcharge again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cfprunner']Check out this thread on #6135

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=138665"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=138665[/url][/QUOTE]

Thank you somuch, cfprunner! That was so nice of you and a great thread for me:)

David,

Thanks VERY MUCH for the pics. We're quite excited with this opportunity. I'm not sure how we stumbled into it just 49 days before sailing, but I 'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. My wife is already lamenting the bathroom though - she's used to (read: fond of) the Grand Suite baths on RCL's newer ships.

[quote name='sassystyxfan'][font=Comic Sans MS][color=purple]Not a captain's club member - this is our first cruise with Celebrity. Thanks for you're answer. :) [/color][/font][/QUOTE]

-if you're a member of Crown and Anchor, just call their hotline phone #, the people there can/will cross-register you automatically with Captain's Club - they'll even mail you your new CC cards. This way your seniority (if you have some with crown and Anchor, and I think you do since you've cruised with them 3 times already) will be recognized automatically for your cruise.

hope this helps

Archived