I may be cruised out...say it isn't so!

remydiva

[quote name='Times Prince']Aahh, PCSD - it may be time to see a Pshrink.

Pshrink speaking:
Liebschen, I am thinking you vant a leetle change in der routine. It is all in der head, und in all things a leetle change ist gut. Vas is dis "bummed out feelink you are heffing ? Is it monotony or just you are not too good feelink in dis time of year? Is der "bummed" from das food, or von das DancingundSingungShows? Ist von der constant service, pampering to your effery need? Or ist von das fact der cruise ist over? Ja?

Eine Kleine Schiff (oops, das ist "a small ship") like die Pacificer Princess or Tahitian or Royal Princess could be das answer. Und Medittereaneanisher cruising ist also gut. Casablanca, Gibralter, Spain vould be sehr different.

Or, darlink, perhaps you just need a break. Take some time off und smell der roses, und then you might be ready to cruise again. Post Cruise Stress Disorder (or PCSD as ve like to call it) goes avay mit time.

Happy sailings, Liebschen!

- Das Pshrink[/quote]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Vat are they serving in Round Rock?......You are over the top, hysterically funny! I luved every vord!!!![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='remydiva']To do the smaller ships is an option I'm also looking at and Seabourn looks good but is way more $$$ even with the Princess discount. 50% of $$$$$$$ is still $$$.

Heavy sigh.....:o[/QUOTE]

Why not try Azamara? You get the elegance of Princess, the casualness of NCL and the unusual ports that many of the other cruise lines won't go to. Give them a try - most passengers are thrilled with the experience!

I can see one getting tired of cruising if that is the only kind of vacation you do. We are not locked into one type of vacation, and do both land based trips and cruises. After a while, all cruises tend to be the same regardless of cruise line in my opinion. So we plan other things between cruises, and will go at different times of the year. We definitely have our favorite itineraries and anticipate when we will want to go again. 10 night port intensive itineraries tend to be our preference, with a day or two at sea at the start and end of the voyage. We also are not locked into a cruise line brand.

Just noticed that this old thread of mine is back up and running so thought I'd add a comment..

We are booked in April for an 11 day (9 actually..why do they say 11?) river cruise on Uniworld through Holland and Belgium. Nice mix of flowers, windmills and museums and....all the wine I can drink! Specialty coffee 24 hrs/day and sparkly water free in your rooms whatever that means. Bikes on board for day trips and walking and bus shore excursions included with only a couple of optional shore excursions.

i'm excited :D

Came back Dec 10th from the 14 day Hawaii round trip,so i understand your feelings, 14 days seemed a couple of days too many, I was needing to set foot on land. The stop in Mexico was ok, but overall did not have anything except the pitiful children begging, which broke my heart. After the beautiful days in Hawaii the trip back was a let down,and with the holidays waiting, I arrived with more to do than when I left.
(Maybe the time was just not a good choice), we had a lovely suite and enjoyed the service and atmosphere, but those last 2 days were very long.. Sometimes less is more.......

I think it is just the 14 nights. I have not done a 14 night cruise yet, first one is in 8 weeks, but I have done 14-17 night land vacations. By day 12 or so I am definitely ready to get home (not back to work, just back home).

I think in 2 months you will want to be heading out again.

Archived