Decent hotel by FLL airport?

njoy2cruz

We will be arriving late (11:05pm) at the Fort Lauderdale airport in February and will need a decent hotel for just one night. Our party consists of two adults and two children. Any recommendations on a hotel right by the airport that is reasonably priced? Any suggestions on the best way to book it? Hotwire? Priceline?

The next morning will be heading down to Miami because that is where our cruise departs from. Any suggestions on a reasonably priced driver or limo service that is good to use from a hotel in Fort Lauderdale to the Port of Miami

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

we used www.larryslimo.com for 6 adults. for 33.00 pp round trip which included tips.

-

check out floridalimo.com as another.

a taxi will cost about 75.00 one way-- but with 4 people and all that luggage--make sure you get something big enough = a regular town car might not work.

What night in February? I have group space for the 7th at the Ramada for 185 total.

Its very expensive this year.

something to consider-- get the driver to take you directly to Miami-- its a lot cheaper hotel wise.

What night in February? I have group space for the 7th at the Ramada for 185 total.

Its very expensive this year.

serena, I'm sure you did your homework but you know the Ramada Hollywood is quite sketchy? The Ramada FLL airport is in a very busy area.

That they are charging $185 is highway robbery. Did you look at any of the Lauderdale-By-The-Sea hotels? Or Hollywood Beach?

serena, I'm sure you did your homework but you know the Ramada Hollywood is quite sketchy? The Ramada FLL airport is in a very busy area.

That they are charging $185 is highway robbery. Did you look at any of the Lauderdale-By-The-Sea hotels? Or Hollywood Beach?

Im sorry-- it was the radisson. and it was one of the cheaper rates I could find.

Stayed at the Hampton Inn last time-- beautiful experince but at over 200 not willing to pay. We dont arrive til midnight so not looking for anything fancy

Im sorry-- it was the radisson. and it was one of the cheaper rates I could find.

Stayed at the Hampton Inn last time-- beautiful experince but at over 200 not willing to pay. We dont arrive til midnight so not looking for anything fancy

dang this site--- tried to edit couldnt

it was the ramada cruiseport/airport.

With the rate we get free breafast buffet/ pick up from airport and dropped off at the FLL cruiseport.

http://www.ramadainnairport.com/

I searched for the Laquinta. it costs more for less amenities.

They dont do shuttles to the cruiseport on Sunday (Strange)

and they have limited pickup from the airport- my flight arriving around midnight is one that cant be picked up.

The hotel is 179 per night plus tax- i will need a cab to get to the hotel. I will need to pay for breakfast. I will need a cab to get to the cruiseport.

The ramada is 185. total. Is it that bad that I need to pay the added expense.

I need to know coz I got this hotel for a group heading on the Crown. If its that bad I need to let them know to make changes

We stayed at this Ramada Inn a few years ago. It was not that great to begin with. Then Wilma came through and I think I still have PTSD from the experience. I would not advise anybody to stay there. There is nothing nearby. It's old and cruddy. But then maybe my opinion is skewed. But then, we did have to get water from the pool to flush the toilet and was served molded bread for breakfast. Funny how the free stuff was molded but the stuff they made you pay for was ok. Oh and they could not get you any water but there was plenty of beer at the bar. We fought and fought and fought to even get some sort of refund. And everybody who worked there hated it and wanted to leave. But like I said it was after a hurricane.

I need to know coz I got this hotel for a group heading on the Crown. If its that bad I need to let them know to make changes

You are going to be one unpopular person if you are picking the hotel for other guests. Personally, I would be pissed.

But then again, there is always someone in every crowd who will complain abouth The Taj Mahal.

Good luck with this serena. Think about this, during a time period when everything else comparable is well over $200 a night with occupancy close to 100%, why are they so much cheaper? I'm guessing the hotel before taxes is about $165 including breakfast and shuttles? Red flag.

I searched for the Laquinta. it costs more for less amenities.

They dont do shuttles to the cruiseport on Sunday (Strange) That's what is says on the website, but from our experience they do offer a shuttle any time there's a ship sailing. Call and ask.

and they have limited pickup from the airport- my flight arriving around midnight is one that cant be picked up. Again, call and ask. If you have many people they may run a shuttle just for you.

The hotel is 179 per night plus tax- i will need a cab to get to the hotel. I will need to pay for breakfast. LaQuinta includes a free breakfast. I will need a cab to get to the cruiseport. They also offer a free shuttle to the cruiseport.

You may be saying "Why would someone from Arkansas know anything about Ft. Lauderdale hotels?" (I might :eek:!)

I've learned, over the years, that BlueHerons and Bequia know what they're talking about re Ft. Lauderdale.

I'll agree with BlueHerons: Ding! Ding! Red flag, red flag!

If you decide to stick with the Ramada, please come back and tell us about it.

You may be saying "Why would someone from Arkansas know anything about Ft. Lauderdale hotels?" (I might :eek:!)

I've learned, over the years, that BlueHerons and Bequia know what they're talking about re Ft. Lauderdale.

I'll agree with BlueHerons: Ding! Ding! Red flag, red flag!

If you decide to stick with the Ramada, please come back and tell us about it.

I agree with your statements- there are a few people onboard cruise critic that I have watched their postings over the years-- and they know their stuff.

I have to post and let people know what was said about the hotel.

Blue-- I have to agree with you that by me picking a hotel that might e unfavorable they may make me walk the plank. I am posting this in the roll call and let them make their own decisions.

I'm a little confused here. If anyone read Host Mach's review of his recent cruise on the Splendor, he stayed at the Ramada and had glowing things to report about the property. The pictures looked great and it sounds like much has been recently revamped. I know they are currently even installing an elevator.

Has anyone stayed here recently that can fill me in? Thanks!

I'm a little confused here.

Go for it, tell us what you think. Don't pay any attention to the abandoned properties surrounding it, the tremendous volume of tractor trailers passing by 24/7, the ladies of the night, the furniture from the 50's, the sagging bed's, the threadbare towels, you'll be just fine. One bit of advice though....don't venture off the property after dark. ;)

Okay people... to each their own. We stayed at the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport last Dec/Jan for 3 nights prior to our Jan. 3 Miracle cruise. Everything about the hotel was fine, not the Ritz, but clean, comfortable, working, fairly new (sheets/towels/furnishings) etc. Staff were great. The hot buffet, lobby bar, tiki bar, and pool areas were all very good too. This hotel is not within walking distance of anything, but nothing is very far away by cab or rental car. For $100.00 / night give or take, it's really not a bad deal. Shuttle service is provide to the airport and cruise port. We are already booked for this Jan. for 4 night prior to our Jan. 3rd Splendor sailing. We book our cruise to be pampered; we book the Ramada Inn to escape the minus 30 degrees celsius winter temperatures here in the frozen great north!

Just like cruise lines and cabins, you get what you pay for.

While I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had good experiences with the Ramada, personally, you could not pay me to stay there.

Being that I have a hotel background, I am usually much less picky about my hotels than the average Joe.

However, if you do decide to stay there, I hope you have a good stay.

I'm a little confused here. If anyone read Host Mach's review of his recent cruise on the Splendor, he stayed at the Ramada and had glowing things to report about the property. The pictures looked great and it sounds like much has been recently revamped. I know they are currently even installing an elevator.

Has anyone stayed here recently that can fill me in? Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing. According to Host Mach it has recently been refurbished, which is probably where the differences in opinions arise. He had good opinions of the place, as did our tablemates on our recent 11/13 cruise. Here is a link to HM's report and pictures (scroll down). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=875795&page=4

You could ask him some further questions if you still have doubts.

OK, I've emailed Mach and asked him to pop by and give us his first hand and recent impressions.

I already had planned on not venturing out after dark. If we need something, then a cab it will be.

Hi, guys... Mach here...

I just wanted to add my $.02 on the topic of the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport.

I found the place to be great. Sure, it's an older facility but it had recently been renovated and was in rather good condition.

There's a club there that was VERY popular with the locals, a Tiki bar that was WAY cool and one of the most lovely displays of flora around the pool I've ever seen anywhere.

Here's a few pics from two weeks ago:

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

I'm planning a little jaunt to Fort Lauderdale in mid January and I'm staying there again.

More pictures:

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

No moldy food or anything else that I encountered.

The staff were very helpful despite the fact that the hotel was PACKED and they were kept constantly busy with calls to the desk and requests for information.

The breakfast was quite good with eggs of several styles, grits, oatmeal, French Toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, several juices and coffee.

The dining room was kept spotlessly clean by Olga. She has worked there for 18 years through hurricanes and three changes of owners. She says she would never work anywhere else.

IMG_2102.jpg

Any questions feel free to fire away!!!

Archived