Leaving Today

kcslim

Thanks to all for a wonderful pre-cruise period on CC. My flight leaves today at 8:30 and I should be on board by noon! This will be my first time on the Victory and from everyone that has talked with me, sounds like a beautiful ship.

I'll write a review when I get back.. and again, Thanks!

Cya..Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Had a wonderful time! Actually met someone onboard.. I cannot believe that! Wonderfully romantic, great fun.. can't wait to cruise again! I posted a review on the boards. Any questions, I'll answer them!

Karen

Hi Goin!

yes, had a great time. It was a little difficult at first to meet people, not sure if it was the crowd or me.. since I was disappointed a little that my friend couldn't go. Anyway, I plastered a smile on my face and tried.. which worked by Monday night.

The guy I met is really a great guy. He was part of a group from the Make-A-Wish Foundation -- a fundraiser. He played for the Tigers when they won the 1984 World Series. Awesome guy, lots of fun, and a great gentleman. He helped to make the cruise one I will never forget.

I think I like the Triumph better than the Victory, but there was not much I could complain about.. just got lost less on the Triumph! lol As on any ship there were great employees, and some not as great.. but none bad. I loved dancing, Kevin at the piano bar -- he got a bit raunchy late at night, but overall was great, and I definitely got some good spa time in. I loved having a balcony.. not necessary.. but extremely nice. If you have any questions, let me know!

Karen

He played for the Tigers when they won the 1984 World Series.
That means he's one of these guys:

Glenn Abbott

Doug Bair

Juan Berenguer

Willie Hernandez

Aurelio Lopez

Roger Mason

Sid Monge

Jack Morris

Randy O'Neal

Dan Petry

Dave Rozema

Bill Scherrer

Milt Wilcox

Carl Willis

Marty Castillo

Dwight Lowry

Lance Parrish

Doug Baker

Dave Bergman

Tom Brookens

Scott Earl

Barbaro Garbey

Howard Johnson

Mike Laga

Alan Trammell

Lou Whitaker

Kirk Gibson

Johnny Grubb

Larry Herndon

Rupert Jones

Rusty Kuntz

Chet Lemon

Nelson Simmons

Rod Allen

Darrell Evans

If he was going to be a big enough name to provide Make-A-Wish with some celebrity power in the Detroit area, that cuts a lot of these guys out. Most likely it would be Morris, Parrish, Trammell, Whitaker, Gibson, Lemon, or Evans.

But maybe the guy isn't acting as a celebrity for them, he's just working behind the scenes. In which case, it could be any of them. Though I want to say HoJo (Howard Johnson) is managing in the New York area these days, where he presumably has stronger ties than in Detroit.

Archived