Shade at Brighton??

GLCAS

Yes, the restaurant -- Wisner's or something like that -- rents stuff. When we were there two years ago, we found some palm trees and stayed in their shade on rented loungers. Regardless, I got terribly burned.

Next to the restaurant are the public changing rooms/toilets. They were fine.

We'll be back in Barbados in February and will beeline to Brighton. This time I will wear a cap and a longsleeved t-shirt.

I have mentioned in another post that the beach bottom was kind of corally. May have been low tide, who knows. But I will be wearing swim shoes.

Hello guys,

Have just last week returned from Ventura and had a very enjoyable last full day at this part of Brighton Beach (apparently, Brighton beach is the name of the whole section of some 2 miles). We asked a taxi driver for "Brighton" and he dropped us at the Malibu plant which has its own private beach and charges $12US which includes a lounger, parasol and one decent Malibu based drink. It is secure and safe as it is private. The site also includes a regular bar, decent value food and toilet / shower / changing facilities. It is only a short ride of about 3 miles - you can see the ship from the beach. Driver charged 8 of us $8US each return and did not collect fares until he returned. On our day, some locals were exercising and bathing their horses in the sea which was nice to watch.

Just a few hundred yards away along the beach is an area of extremely warm water (it is heated by the electricity plant nearby) and is used by some as a sort of spa dip for the treatment of arthritis and rheumatism!

A nice day - you will enjoy it

Ron

Have just last week returned from Ventura and had a very enjoyable last full day at this part of Brighton Beach

(apparently, Brighton Beach is the name of the whole section of some 2 miles).

On our day, some locals were exercising and bathing their horses in the sea

which was nice to watch. ===> Yes, there's a local Stables, nearby!

Just a few hundred yards away along the beach is an area of extremely warm water

(it is heated by the electricity plant nearby) === the effluent of their cooling system

and is used by some as a sort of spa dip for the treatment of arthritis and rheumatism! ===> You discovered 'The Pot'!

A nice day - you will enjoy it

I was taking photos of your ship, as you came in to Port at Bridgetown!

VENTURA-012A.jpg

Ventura-99.jpg

Aplmac - nice photos. ===> Thanks.

I was on the top taking pics of our docking in Barbados. ===> What are the odds?

One of the tightest bits of parking I have witnessed on a large ship!

Ventura usually goes straight in, when she arrives early morning.

The tight bit comes when she leaves at night

and does the rotation thing in the Turning Basin, like this!

here she is backing out verrry slowly..

Ventura-0006.jpg

and this is the turn..

Ventura-0035.jpg

Here she is, stern-on..

Ventura-0048.jpg

before leaving

Ventura-55.jpg

Is this a nice beach to snorkel at? ===> Not specially..

Just trying to find somewhere decent to do some snorkeling. ===> Folkestone,just N. of Holetown

Folkestone Marine Park, just North of Holetown (about halfway up the West Coast)

is generally acknowledged to be the best snorkelling site.

There may be a lil something to see at Brighton/Malibu,

especially if you go just a bit further North, in the direction of the generating plant

but the further North along the West Coast you travel

the snorkelling gets better(off the headlands -the bays are sandy...that's the coastal trend)

Here are a few pics of mine..

http://www.*****.com/West_Coast-1.html

Folkestone Marine Park, just North of Holetown (about halfway up the West Coast)

is generally acknowledged to be the best snorkelling site.

There may be a lil something to see at Brighton/Malibu,

especially if you go just a bit further North, in the direction of the generating plant

but the further North along the West Coast you travel

the snorkelling gets better(off the headlands -the bays are sandy...that's the coastal trend)

Here are a few pics of mine..

http://www.*****.com/West_Coast-1.html

Thank You!!!! I'm sure I'll have many more questions for you as I get closer to my cruise. I hope you don't mind.....

I was taking photos of your ship, as you came in to Port at Bridgetown!

VENTURA-012A.jpg

this is an outstanding picture! the lighting, angle, backdrop ... WOW!! :eek:

So what would be the best, mid-section of the West beach that we should settle on? We would like to take a bus from the port to the beach and walk each way along the shoreline. After reading all of the posts I am more confused than before.

aplmac, you should have a 900 line for all he Q&A! :-)

Archived