Leaving Monday (11/24) on the Fantasy.. couple of questions

romans.nine

2 more days!!! We are so pumped about spending Thanksgiving away from the hustle and bustle of our extended families! Do any of you guys have pics of the Library on the Fantasy? My DW is hoping for place to grab a latte and read for a few hours in a lovely place. What about pics of the cat12's since the last drydock? We have U80 booked and are hoping the sewer smell is not too bad! If I ask for a diet coke in the dining room, will this be an additional charge? My 4 year-old and I do a rendition of "Love Shack" and I was curious if there would be an opportunity to let her cut loose at some kind of talent show? She is a big fan of being around other kids and is already wanting to spend all day at Camp Carnival! I DO NOT let my kids run amock and am VERY sensitive to those traveling W/O children. Our plans are to arrive at the port at 11am. Is this too early? Gosh I have so many questions but have just decided to try and relax and go with the flow. Maybe I will learn how to relax for once! Thanks in advance for the responses; we will journal each day and present a review of our experience upon return!

Grace & Peace, Mike and Lisa

One other item, if any of you have any experience in traveling to Merida, please check the Ports of Call section under Progreso, as I have posted some questions there. I would appreciate your input/ideas on travel to Merida!

Diet coke is about $2, I think $1.75 plus 15% mandatory tip. Sorry yes there is a charge.

11 am isnt too early to arrive. I usually try to get there a little after 10:30 to park.

Sounds like you will have a blast. There should be some sort of contest or kararoke (sp), not sure about a talent contest where you can sing anything you want. Cant remember one like that. If she can act like Elvis, lol.

we are also going to be on the fantasy on 11-24 and my daughter is 8 and i have the same concerns.... but my suggestion if you buy alot of diet soda either buy a soda card or bring your sodas like i am my daughter and my girlfriend drink dr pepper and they dont serveit on the ship

LOL! No Elvis but she is a red head som maybe a Shirly Temple skit!! Thanks for the info guys, I think I'll just pack 12 sodas and have iced tea in the Dining Room. Anthonymacklin, has you daughter experienced Camp Carnival before? I am sure Maddie will have a blast, but if the kids are just turned loose in a room, I may have second thoughts about letting her go.

anthonymackin,

I understand; I guess we will become the "child monitors"! I waited late for children (i'm 41) and am prob. a little more protective than some other parents, but hey, I only have 1 and it ain't looking promising for any more! Hope to see you guys around; Maddie will be the long curly haired red head!

sounds like fun maybe we can hook up.... im making sure right now that i dont need anything else for my daughter i got her birth certificate but she doesnt have any state id... i dont think she needs that i think she just needs her birth certificate??????????????????

I'm not sure. I had to renew my passport and got her a p'port card while I was renewing my book. Carnival's website may have something related to documents. I doubt you will have any problems. Most children don't have any type of State photo ID until time for their Driver's license.

We are also with you on the Fantasy on Monday 11/24. Cant wait cant wait cant wait. This will be our 2nd cruise, both times on Fantasy. Nice "ole" ship. We absolutely loved her last time we sailed about 2 years ago. Ive heard some complaints but vacation is what you make of it and I plan on having a great time. You've got to go with an open mind and you will have a blast. I've got a daughter 10 yrs and a niece 9 years going with us. 9 of us altogether ranging from 9 to 72..:D My daughter liked Camp Carnival last time and hopefully with her cousin with her this time she will have even more fun.

I've heard of a talent show at the end of the cruise. May want to check that out. Sounds like you and your little one would walk away with it. Hope to see you on board. We are staying the night in New orleans and plan to get to the dock around 1030 or 1100.

We are going to wing it in progreso. I think maybe take the double decker tour bus (its only 2.00) then maybe hang out on the beach under the umbrellas by buddy's and possibly grab a massage. In Cozumel we have booked the Nachi Cocom all inclusive resort which we are really looking forward to.

Also, I believe children under 16 dont need any type of photo ID.

Have a great trip and hope to run into you.

The Camp Carnival has activities planned constantly. There are some times when the kids have 'free time' or whatever they call it to play, and they have games, toys, playstation, tv, whatever any kid would want. Other than that, there is a new activity every 30 minutes. My son, 5 loves camp, and we cant get him away from it. If we tell him all the plans of the day, he would stay there all day long! (we will be on fantasy on Monday too, he has long blonde hair). There are always several counselors with the kids, and some of them even have remembered my son from other cruises (this will be his 7th in 5 years.) He loves the counselors, and camp, your DH will have a ball. Bring tape, you can put her activities on your door to help find your room or to hang in your room.

The camp does a kids talent show, watch the kids paper. They sign up and have a practice, then the show is probably going to be on Friday in one of the lounges. I havent seen any adults do it with their kid at the camp talent show, but there is another talent show at night on the big stage. If you ever order soda, there is a charge.

We hope to be on the ship by 11- we will probably see you the first night when you register the kids for camp!

ooops- I meant your DD will have a ball, not your husband! (well, maybe he will too!) We like to read what activities they have at camp, and what we know our son will want to do, we try to plan around. He likes going there whenever though, so its never a problem.

On the at-sea days, you have to collect the kids for about an hour for lunch, and then in the evening, they are also closed for about an hour, or you can drop the kids at the buffet, for a special kids dining, and then the kids are all marched back to camp. We dont like doing that, so we have late dinner, take our son to the buffet and he eats, then we take him to camp and have a nice take-as-long-as-we-want dinner in the dining room. He just wont sit that long, but we have to take him the first night since the camp isnt open.

You register the kids for camp the first night, or the next morning, and they get a tag, with their name and muster station, and the kid will have to wear a plastic bracelet the whole time with their muster station on it. You have to sign them in and out of camp, and show your sail and sign card, older kids, like 9-12 or something, have the option of signing themselves in and out, or the parents can say no to that, I think. Your kids will have a ball, and we will look for you all tomorrow!

Archived