Amadeus Amacello - 12 December - Budapest to Prague

MikeMac

Booked this to check out the Christmas markets.

Will stay a couple extra days in Prague.

Concerned about the weather though, does anyone know what to expect as far as temperatures go?

Also any suggestions on what to do, see, and where to dine in Prague would be appreciated.

BTW – We will be staying in the Hotel President in Prague.

Anyone else going?

crowboy - thanks for the reply. Yes I guess you will be in for a little more shock than I am as for temperatures. We are in the United States (Texas). My wife was just in Newcastle, Australia last week and said it was quite warm there.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise, too bad we will miss you by a week.

Regards.

Concerned about the weather though, does anyone know what to expect as far as temperatures go?

MikeMac,

Let´s say it´s winter over here (and not summer like in Australia). And temperatures definitely depend on the weather :D:D:D!

Sorry, I couldn´t resist! Currently we do have app. 30°F or +/- 0°C. We had a little snow on the weekend. It might be a bit warmer in Budapest. But not really much. Check weather.com for current temps!

steamboats

Steamboat - Thanks for making me feel like a moron.

Hey I see that you were on the Empress of the North.

We dd that a couple of years ago over Christmas, down the Columbia river.

It was a great time. Too bad the steamboat compay has gone under.

Do you know if any other company has plans to aquire them or not? We really enjoy the smaller boats.

MikeMac,

We did the Empress of the North when she still belonged to American West Steamboat Company back in 2005. We did the Columbia River on the Columbia Queen a week prior to the Empress of the North. Both trips were just great!!

Unfortunately Majestic America Line did hand over the Empress of the North to the Maritime Administration. According to them there was no one interested in buying the vessel which has a high dept on it.

I know there are some potential buyers for the former Delta Queen Steamboat Company boats (American Queen, Mississippi Queen and of course Delta Queen). But so far nothing is signed. Latest we hear is that the American Queen has been also returned to the Maritime Administration (for the same reasons). All other boats are fully owned by Majestic America Line (which also includes the small ship Contessa).

We are still fighting to get an expemption for the Delta Queen (see my signature). And we haven´t given up yet. We truly hope that at least the three steamboats will be aquired by a group of people who know how to run these boats!!

steamboats

Archived