Far East in November?

pujro

We're sailing with Classica in the South China Sea next November. I would be interested to hear about the weather and sea conditions from anyone who has been out there at this time of year.

Cheers

pujro

You can get some idea how the actual weather and sea conditions by having a looking at the Allegra's web cams.

There is Costa's own:

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/Shopping/Ships/AL/Default.htm

But I also prefer:

Shipwater, one can view several ships at the same time:

http://www.shipwatcher.com/

Another excellent site with a combination of Google Earth and webcams:

http://****************************/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Costa+Allegra

Ron

PS: I'll try and leave the Classica in one peice after our cruise to the Far East.;)

We're sailing with Classica in the South China Sea next November. I would be interested to hear about the weather and sea conditions from anyone who has been out there at this time of year.

Cheers

pujro

Your cruise comes shortly after miine, I am on Classica from Shanghai to Hong Kong via Japan & Taiwan from 10/24 October.

This year has been quite active with typhoons but so far it doesn't seem to have impacted cruises too much. I did your itinerary in June this year and we had one day of heavy seas, as we left Hong Kong and on the first sea day. The rest of the time we had mirror smooth seas.

Weatherwise, make sure you pack cotton clothing, the humidity can be extreme and cotton is lightweight and better in humid conditions.

Long way off, I know, but when I get back from my cruise I will do a report about it and that will include weather etc :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am really concerned about our forthcoming cruise in June 2009 on the Costa Allegra Far East, having read numerous reviews about the ship, brown water from taps, certain food chosen from the Dining Room menu is frozen and heated in microwave, rain coming in through the glass at the back of the ship, noisy cabins, extortionate prices for drinks etc etc., is it really as bad as the reviews!!!!! I know the ship is small in comparison to previous ships we have been on, but the itinerery is what drew us to this ship. We would probably lose to much to either cancel or find an alternative. Does this ship have formal nights? Please could someone clarify for me.

I am really concerned about our forthcoming cruise in June 2009 on the Costa Allegra Far East, having read numerous reviews about the ship, brown water from taps, certain food chosen from the Dining Room menu is frozen and heated in microwave, rain coming in through the glass at the back of the ship, noisy cabins, extortionate prices for drinks etc etc., is it really as bad as the reviews!!!!! I know the ship is small in comparison to previous ships we have been on, but the itinerery is what drew us to this ship. We would probably lose to much to either cancel or find an alternative. Does this ship have formal nights? Please could someone clarify for me.

I had a great time in June this year aboard Allegra. The staff go out of their way to accommodate everyone and the ship is so easy to get around...not to mention she is the only ship able to get right into the heart of Saigon via the Vung Tao river...it's an amazing trip :)

As for formal nights...I had 4 gala dinners, 5 cocktail parties with the captain and the rest of the nights around 75% dressed semi-formally.

As for the food, don't let the microwave put you off. Remember that out there such things as decent meats & veg can be hard to come by, so everything is flown out from Italy....and as one who used frozen meals on a regular basis at home, the food on Allegra is far superior to that and you really cannot tell that it was frozen.

Clear the mind of all doubts, go with an open mind and you'll love Allegra and her idiosyncrasies ;)

Archived