Question About Balcony Guarantee

sped01

We leave on the independence of the seas on DEC 7TH, and reading through cruise critic we found out that since we've already made our final payment we can try to get an upgrade. Prices went down so we called today and we got a upgrade from interior to balcony guarantee. Now here's my question.. Do we get our cabin number before we board the ship, or do they wait and give it to us upon check-in on the ship? Also has anyone ever done this before and what were your experiences with it?

Also has anyone book a balcony in the back of any ship? When looking online we saw that the only balconies left were ones located really far back in the ship, is that any more rocky then the middle, last cruise we were in the middle I'm just a little worried..:(

You will be assigned any time from booking until sailing, no specific time frame. You will most likely get one of those aft ones if those are what is open. On the ships these size if you are rocking and rolling the whole ship feels it. If you are prone to seasickness then yes middle is more stable but since you won't just sit in your cabin and will be all over the ship it really in my opinion doesn't make that much difference. I for one love the aft cabins (the ones that go right across the back of the ship) because of the large balconies.

We had rough seas on the Independence.... to be honest was not too bad. The stabilisers on her are amazing. Our cabin was towards the aft but as Sue L said if you find the cabin rolls more than you'd like there are plenty of other places on board where you will find your equilibrium.

Sped,

I just recently "downgraded" from an assigned balcony to a balcony guarantee and my exeperience was EXCELLENT! As previously stated, they can assign you a cabin from the time the trip nis paid in full up to a few days prior to sailing, but if you call RCL (I read that you can also view on RCL.com but I could not see it) they will be more than glad to let you know your cabin number.

I previously stated my experience was EXCELLENT because not only did I save more than $500 fror the cabin, but when I did receive my assignment, I was a bit dissapointed. I gave RCL a call and you may chose to switch your cabin on a balcony guarantee reservation so long as there are rooms available in your catrgory; meaning if you have a D1 category, you can only move within a D1. Hope this helps!:D

Great location! Have a wonderful cruise :D

Just wondering, is this one of those cabins that have a bigger balcony like the response says above, if not no big deal, just excited that with a free upgrade we got a D1 cabin!

Archived