Flow Rider Private Session-TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

I just thought I would share this with everyone!! I was looking through the Cruise Compass on the first day and noticed that they have private one hour sessions that you can buy for the flowrider, after inquiring about it and finding out that it was $300/ hour session we decided we would try it out. So our family, and the other family we were with (8 of us total) had our session at 6:15-7:15 on one of of port days. They gave us a quick lesson, and we all picked it up pretty quick, and were soon doing tricks! We were all tired our after word as we got to go alot in that one hour. If you were standing in line you could potentially go 3-5 times/ hour (we stood in line one day and went 3 times, and another day we went maybe 4-5 times) So if you have the $300 to spend on it, it was well worth it! we thought it was the best "excursion" that we did!

The price is $60/person for an hour with a minimum of four or $300 for an hour for a group. You sign up for it at the counter where you fill out the waiver, get your wrist band, and sign up for each days' session. They will take your Sea Pass info and give you a time slot. We signed up two days in advance.

I did this with our friends' kids on Liberty two weeks ago and it was a blast. I was really nervous about trying the FlowRider, and this gave me an opportunity to try it at my own pace with one-on-one instruction (Levi is the greatest!!). Since it was a port day, there weren't any other passengers around to make me feel nervous, and we got lots of long runs in. If you can afford the splurge, it is worth it.

We totally plan on doing this on our upcoming Liberty Cruise in December. Does anyone know what time slots are available? Is it only at night? Is there anything available during port days?

I'd love to be able to plan ahead a bit and have an idea of what times they offer the private buyout!

Thanks!

We totally plan on doing this on our upcoming Liberty Cruise in December. Does anyone know what time slots are available? Is it only at night? Is there anything available during port days?

I'd love to be able to plan ahead a bit and have an idea of what times they offer the private buyout!

Thanks!

During the 11/8 sailing, they had one hour slots available throughout the day during port days. There were open sessions early in the morning and then again later in the afternoon -- for those who needed their fix prior to going ashore and then upon returning. You'd have to check at the sign in desk to find out exactly what times they have available on which days for your sailing.

Have fun!

Karen

I wasnt the one who called to make the reservation, but my mom told me that she was told that its pretty much open for private sessions any time that they are not open, and hours vary by the day. We went at like 6 or so in the evening and the sun was going down as we started and it was dark by the end. We took a lot of videos so if anyone wants to see some I will post them. We had 7 people in our group, and people started to get tired as we went along so it was definitly enough time. =) None of us had tried it before that night, and all caught on pretty quickly, and a few of us were even doing flips by the end. They also let us try stand up sufing as well. I did hit my tailbone though, and and still hurting from it!! :( and our cruise was Oct 11th! Oh well... all of us got a little "banged up". Also one thing I would like to mention is if your a woman, and you wana try it, wear a shirt or have a rash gaurd shirt to wear, something, because you will lose your top if your wearing a 2 piece! I didnt personally see it, but heard it happend a few times! And guys, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tie your shorts TIGHT or wear some underwear or something PLEASE becuase i got flashed twice in the same day, and if youd like to spare yourself the show then tie um tight!! sorry had to mention that one!!! =) :D

Archived