Cozumel- Isla Pasion by Twister

bernieb86

We did the Carnival excursion in 2004. The beach was beautiful, and we're glad we went, but for what we paid ($75/pp) and how long we got to actually stay there (maybe 2,2 1/2 hours), we wouldn't do it again.

How does that beach compare to Paradise Beach?

How does that beach compare to Paradise Beach?

There's a lot more for kids to do at Paradise. But Matt did get to play volleyball at Passion Island, they tried to have a few organized activities there. Passion Island is AI, but I've never spent $150 to get 2 of us to Paradise and back, and order plenty of food and drink.

Here's Passion Island, 4 1/2 years ago (ignore the dirty chair)!:

1141615977055171848S200x200Q85.jpg

1141615944055171848S200x200Q85.jpg

From what I remember, sand is softer at Paradise, almost too soft! Passion's water seemed to be a little clearer.

There's a lot more for kids to do at Paradise. But Matt did get to play volleyball at Passion Island, they tried to have a few organized activities there. Passion Island is AI, but I've never spent $150 to get 2 of us to Paradise and back, and order plenty of food and drink.

Here's Passion Island, 4 1/2 years ago (ignore the dirty chair)!:

1141615977055171848S200x200Q85.jpg

1141615944055171848S200x200Q85.jpg

From what I remember, sand is softer at Paradise, almost too soft! Passion's water seemed to be a little clearer.

sounds like it would be a no brainer for me.

:D

Depends on your priorities. If you are looking for a beautiful uncrowded beach, clear water, good service, terrific food and drink; and don't mind paying a little more for the experience, Passion Island is for you.

sounds exactly like Paradise Beach...except the paying more part.

:D

We just did the Isla Pasion by Twister excursion on Nov 5. I thought it was a mixed bag, and I'm not sure of the cause. The boat ride was fun. I could have spent more time doing that. The beach itself was great. Beautiful white sand, cabanas, hammocks, chairs, tasty food, free margaritas. Very nice. But were the only 7 people on the island for most the afternoon. There were 4 ships in port that day, Disney Magic, Holiday, Legend and us (Imagination). There 15 people on the island when we got there, but they left an hour after we arrived. Then it was just us. I enjoyed the solitude, but it's hard to put together a volleyball game like that. I think this place would be a real blast when it's full. But as it was it turned out, it was just a quiet little piece of paradise for us. I didn't mind that, but it wasn't what I expected.

IMG_0663_small.jpg

isla_pasion_small.jpg

isla_pasion_boat_small.jpg

Archived