inflatable pool for baby

temart

I got this one, is it too big?

ref=dp_otherviews_0?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&img=0

That's a good size. And check out that little water spray...lol. :D

You should still be able to blow it up without a pump. I hate using my electric pump, even at home. So it doesn't take that long to blow up a pool. I have alot of hot air though. :p

• 2 months later...

As a Daddy, it stinks having to blow those things up! (But it is worth it).

We are considering taking that same froggy pool with us in a few weeks. We were going to put it on our deck and let her play in it.

We plan on taking a small air mattress pump with us. We took it last year on the Liberty of the Seas for her rubber ducky tub that worked out great.

The sprinkler thing on the top of the frog scares are little girl. Plus, if you turn the hose on too high it will get the mom/dad or in our case, the grand dad soaked! (I enjoyed irritating the adults with it!)

I have the same tub as Findutah...got it at BRU. But, now, it seems like the only thing I can find is the Ducky tub. I'm glad to hear it will fit in the shower. I'm cruising in one week.

Since I have twins, I'm taking both "just in case" I need both tubs at the same time. Although I'm thinking it will be better to only fill and empty one tub ;)

qtmichele: that doesn't look too big to me.

We only filled it up in the shower as I think it would be hard to transport water back and forth, but i suppose you would be able to drain it on a balcony if you have one since they are designed to transport water away when it rains etc.

I haven't had experience, but from prior threads I've seen people have gotten a pail from the bar - my husband usually gets buckets of beer - so I think we're ok ;) So, on the balcony, you just need to go back and forth from the bathroom to the balcony to fill/empty. Out on a pool deck, I believe people find a janitor's closet area...or...like a pool shower area to fill/empty water.

Michele, I looked up the pool you mentioned and it is 24x6 and the duck pool that a lot of people recommend is 31x19 so it sounds like the pool you have would actually be smaller so it should be fine! I'm trying to decide what to get now so thanks for that site!

You're welcome! Thanks for looking up the dimensions!!!

I haven't ordered anything from that company (yet), but the pool I posted isn't available at this time. Hopefully it will come back soon. :) It looks some and manageable (especially inflating it). If you order, let me know if you're satisfied. I'll do the same. :)

I haven't read the thread, but I used to own a sun tent. I bought it for a beach trip with a baby 9 years ago. Overall, it was nice to have a place to get out of the sun and nurse my baby. However, the wind could really do a number on it. This one wasn't as portable as some on the market now, but was pretty durable. Personally, I think I'll skip the tent for our cruise and stick to umbrellas in port and lots of sunscreen and hats while on board. I'll have to go check out the other thread to see what's new - maybe I'll change my mind???

There's soooo much to think about in the packing department. I'm a little anxious thinking about it now. ;)

I found this pool at qualityinflatables.com. Although it looks small, I'm wondering if it's too big?

59409.jpg

I used that same pool onboard the carnival Glory. It fit in the shower stall perfectly and we took it out on our balcony too. It's big enough to splash around in, but not too big.

InTheTubGlory.jpg.38bef2986e50a9bcdd7c5125fc11b2eb.jpg

I used that same pool onboard the carnival Glory. It fit in the shower stall perfectly and we took it out on our balcony too. It's big enough to splash around in, but not too big.

You didn't mention taking the pool to the pool deck BUT I guess you would just carry it already blown up, right? I guess that is stupid question but worth asking so I won't be inflating and deflating all week! Also,,,was it easy to blow up by yourself or did you take some kind of pump?

this might be a silly question, but what do you do with the water later? where do you dump it?

Pending on the ship, there are different options. If the pool has a shower area, then you just dump it right down the shower drain.

If you can't find a drain, then just ask a crew member and they can often direct you to a janitor's closet with a sink. ;)

No, we don't want people tossing it off the ship's balcony or draining it back into the main pool. :p;)

We left it inflated all week, and we did use a small electrical pump I bought from the camping section in Target or Wal-Mart. I'm sure we could have blown it up ourselves, but I'm sure it would have given me a headache. You can just carry it up to the pool deck and drain it in the shower area by the pool. We actually used it a deck or two above the main pool deck since there was more room up there to angle out a couple of lounge chairs and place the pool in between.

We got one of those inflatable Munchkin "Duck" bathtubs and our 7-month-old was terrified of it! Maybe because it has an eye on each side of its head and she can only see one eye at a time?

41V9PWH146L._AA260_.jpg

But we just got back from a cruise (Carnival Fantasy) and never used the duck pool after our first attempt to put her in it failed miserably.

Awwww that's horrible that she was afraid of it :(

Good advice for upcoming cruisers using this tub, try it at home FIRST.

My kids loved that tub. The quacking duck made them giggle.

We got one of those inflatable Munchkin "Duck" bathtubs and our 7-month-old was terrified of it! Maybe because it has an eye on each side of its head and she can only see one eye at a time?

41V9PWH146L._AA260_.jpg

But we just got back from a cruise (Carnival Fantasy) and never used the duck pool after our first attempt to put her in it failed miserably.

Archived