What's in the Numbers? - a clear winner and lots of knowledge

shoreguy

As of late I have learned not to trust the polls :rolleyes: But there are some interesting numbers in the polls on the Best of the Fleet and the experience of the members.

It is clear that the posters choice is the Dawn with a two to one lead over the next best bet with 40% of the votes..

That said the Dawn only had 30% of 141 members who voted cruise on her. The Sun had 33%, The Sea 28%, Wind 24%, Dream 21%, and Majesty 18%.

The average member has cruised on 2+ NCL ships. Some many times on the same ship. 141 voters for a total of 292 ships cruised.

Not sure what it all means except the reason this board is far and away the best source of information on NCL is the experience of it's members and the willingness to share the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also it says to me if you have not cruised with NCL before the posters choice to try NCL is clearly the Dawn.

As of late I have learned not to trust the polls :rolleyes: But there are some interesting numbers in the polls on the Best of the Fleet and the experience of the members.

It is clear that the posters choice is the Dawn with a two to one lead over the next best bet with 40% of the votes..

That said the Dawn only had 30% of 141 members who voted cruise on her. The Sun had 33%, The Sea 28%, Wind 24%, Dream 21%, and Majesty 18%.

The average member has cruised on 2+ NCL ships. Some many times on the same ship. 141 voters for a total of 292 ships cruised.

Not sure what it all means except the reason this board is far and away the best source of information on NCL is the experience of it's members and the willingness to share the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also it says to me if you have not cruised with NCL before the posters choice to try NCL is clearly the Dawn.

But shoreguy, you said it yourself: you have learned, as most of us, not to put much into polls. LOL NMNIta

One thing we know is all of us that get to cruise are winners.

How can you tell how many of the cruisers who voted for the Dawn as favorite, actually cruised on her?

One big problem with this poll is that since the Star and Dawn are the same ship, if you are comparing the ship, and not the itinerary, there is very little difference. So, given a scientifically accurate poll, one would think the two of them would have similar results. Also, since most folks have not sailed too many NCL ships, the results are obviously skewed towards the newer and larger ships. Clearly, this is not scientifically accurate!

I almost never put any faith in polls of any kind, because much of the accuracy depends on how the questions are stated. When I'm answering such polls, I make it very hard on myself trying to be as accurate as possible, and oftentimes that's difficult.

Given all this, I do take some comfort in reading the Majesty has scored higher than the Crown, since after some "Kerry like" flip flopping, we decided on the Majesty.

Archived